A location is a broad and generic term used by this wiki to describe a named place or area within the Guild Wars world.
Types of location[edit | edit source]
Guild Wars and Guild Wiki use location similar to how it is used in English: it can be used to describe a large area (e.g. zone), a spot on the map (e.g. outpost), or a point of reference (e.g. Landmark).
Lists of locations[edit | edit source]
- By campaign
The following pages list locations according to the campaign they belong to:
- By other points of view
Taxonomy[edit | edit source]
Locations are listed in order from largest to smallest (with some overlapping); if a location type is indented, it also belongs to the unindented type above it. For example, a Guild Hall is a type of Staging Area. From this, it follows that all the types listed below are locations.
- World — Tyria
- Continent — made of regions, corresponds to one or more campaign
- Region — usually encompasses several zones
- Zone — displays a loading screen when you enter
- Staging area — allows party formation, does not allow player character combat, can have districts
- Combat area — has instances, allows combat
- Landmark — usually located within a zone, usually not named on the map