GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Lornar's Pass is an explorable area bridging the Northern Shiverpeaks with the Southern Shiverpeaks. It is the first area passed through in the Droknar's Forge run. This area is unique in a few ways. Most noticeably, it is the only explorable area that offers access to the Realms of the Gods (see statue information below).
Lornar's Pass is also one of the most difficult/time consuming places to capture skills in the game (excluding the Pinesoul bosses). This is because the 6 player parties that enter from Beacon's Perch are at a disadvantage versus the large mobs, while starting from Camp Rankor or Deldrimor War Camp requires a treacherous journey through Snake Dance and Dreadnought's Drift. Also, all of the elites available here can be found in the Frozen Forest, further into the southern Shiverpeaks. This area has been made more difficult a number of times in various updates in an attempt to curb the number of runners performing the Droknar Run, noticably by introducing Ice Imps and enemies which cast Muddy Terrain to try and slow runners down without making the journey too difficult for those wishing to fight their way through.
Towns and outposts
- North: Beacon's Perch
- South: Dreadnought's Drift
Points of interest
- There is a large Statue of Grenth in the southwestern corner of the zone. In addition to being an impressive landmark, this statue also allows a party access to the Underworld, this is the only way to get there from an explorable area, certain restrictions apply, see The Underworld for details.
- 24 (26) Frost Wurm
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 24 (26) Pinesoul
- Vanquishers must defeat 280-308 foes in this area.
- Vanquishers of this area should start from Camp Rankor or Deldrimor War Camp in order to have a party of 8, instead of a party of 6 from Beacon's Perch.
- The party can buy a 10% Morale Boost at the Statue of Grenth.
- Probably the most difficult part of this area is the eastern path in the center of the map, which is densely packed with Stone Summit. The boss in this area is guarded by two Dolyak Masters and a Dolyak Rider. These monks mainly rely on Mark of Protection and as such can be neutralized by bringing anti-enchantment skills such as Shadow Shroud or Well of the Profane. Given the tight confines of this area, AoE spells can also be quite useful.
- The Statue of Grenth resembles a temple and is one of only a few such structures present in the game. The others are in The Falls (halfway across the zone); in the Ice Wastes (past any creatures); and in Heroes' Ascent on The Battle Isles.