GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Description[edit | edit source]
Mahgo Hydras are among the most fearsome monsters in Prophecies. In packs of more than two, they can use devastating Fire Magic spells to quickly wipe out a party that is not properly prepared. Unlike their brethren, Mahgo Hydras strike with fire damage in melee combat.
Location[edit | edit source]
Skills used[edit | edit source]
Items dropped[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mahgo Hydras use Glyph of Renewal, so expect them to recast spells quickly.
- Despite being casters, hydras use melee attacks on close targets rather than the wand of a typical caster.
- Players use four main techniques to avoid their massive AoE damage:
- Keep the party moving and spread out, lest Meteor Showers pummel everyone at once.
- Reduce or limit the amount of damage the hydras can deal out, using Protection Prayers such as Protective Spirit and Protective Bond.
- Prevent their casting spells, using multiple interrupts (e.g. Complicate or Guilt) or spell-disabling skills (e.g. Power Block, which is particularly effective, since these hydras only cast Fire Magic).
- Slow their rate of casting, especially using skills that apply the Dazed condition. (This also allows any attack to interrupt them.)