GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Seek out a suitable target and use the Signet of Capture to gain a skill.
- Return to Magi Malaquire for your reward.
- "Long have I studied the mysteries of Tyria, and I have come to understand many things about the world. You will often encounter creatures that use skills that you would like to learn. I have created a means by which you may do so. I call it a Signet of Capture. Nothing is gained for free, however, and there are rules you must follow if you are to use the signet. First, common foes do not possess the necessary energy to charge the signet. It will work only on those who possess exceptional power. You will recognize such foes by their colored auras. After you have defeated a worthy foe, simply stand near that foe and use the Signet of Capture. Any nearby foes who are sufficiently powerful will be affected by the signet, which will then transform itself into a single skill of your choosing. There are some exceptionally powerful skills that may only be gained in this manner, so this signet is a valuable resource."
- "Do you understand how to use the Signet of Capture?"
- "So the signet worked? And you feel no ill effects? Not that I expected anything... Of course, there was a small chance that you might combust when the ring absorbed the...but this is a technical detail that I wouldn't want to bore you with. You seem no worse for your experience. Since you have been such an excellent assistant, I will provide you with one last Signet of Capture free of charge."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This quest gives two free Signets of Capture. Malaquire will give you one at the start of the quest unless you already have one. Simply use it to cap any skill from any boss in any area. In general, the bosses in the northern Kryta area will have at least one skill that is taught by skill trainers further ahead. See Skills by capture location to find a boss who has a skill you want.
After capturing the skill and returning to Malaquire, he will give you another signet for free.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Contrary to what Malaquire implies in the Reward Dialogue, using a Signet of Capture will not set you on fire, ever.