GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Maw the Mountain Heart
|Maw the Mountain Heart|
Location in Dreadnought's Drift
Description[edit | edit source]
Maw the Mountain Heart is a gigantic Frost Wurm that resides in the Southern Shiverpeaks. It is one of the largest creatures in Guild Wars. The current largest wurm in Guild Wars is found in GW:EN: Frostmaw the Kinslayer.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Southern Shiverpeaks
- Dreadnought's Drift (going through Snake Dance is longer than starting from Beacon's Perch and advancing through Lornar's Pass, but is easier due to the monsters in those areas, and to the fact that those southern outposts have level 20 henchmen, and a party size of 8)
- Grenth's Footprint (near the big area to the right outside Deldrimor War Camp, rare spawn location)
- Lornar's Pass (past the second frost cave from Beacon's Perch in the bend around a frozen lake, rare spawn location)
- Mineral Springs (near the giants, in an enclave to the south, rare spawn location)
- Snake Dance (amongst others, north of the Troll cave and south of the Giant bosses, rare spawn location)
- Spearhead Peak (north-west of Copperhammer Mines and outside of Granite Citadel, rare spawn location)
- Talus Chute (south-east of Hoknil the Greater, rare spawn location)
Skills used[edit | edit source]
Items dropped[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The only location where it always can be found is in Dreadnought's Drift. You can hire a runner from Camp Rankor. Some players have complained that it sometimes does not show up there. If this happens, remember that you can simply walk out of Dreadnought's Drift to Snake Dance and then re-enter to try again.
- Like most wurms, it will not be visible until you disturb its area (note that you may need to run around the area to trigger his appearance). Its behavior is the same as a normal Frost Wurm.
- If Maw dies under ground (due to degen), you will not be able to use a Signet of Capture to capture its elite.
- Unlike other wurms, Maw's critical hits knock people down for 2 seconds; the chance of this happening is very high (due to the high level difference between Maw and the players).