Merkhet is a Dervish NPC located in the northwestern village of Zehlon Reach.
- "I am proud to fight for my country. It gives me the opportunity to protect the land and people I love."
- Merkhet: I know you're worried, but this is what I do. I became a Sunspear to keep my family safe from corsairs. That's still what I intend to do.
- Nertu: But you could be killed out there. Do you even think about what would happen to me if you die in the battle against the corsairs?
- Merkhet: Always. I never stop thinking about you, Nertu. That's why I must fight. The corsairs will never stop raiding and killing innocent people unless we fight back. Would you prefer to live in constant fear of corsairs plundering our home?
- Nertu: You're overstating things, Merkhet, and you know it. If you left the Order, the Sunspears wouldn't disintegrate. If you took up a safer profession, that wouldn't leave Istan undefended.
- Merkhet: Everyone is afraid, Nertu, but someone must stand up and say, "Enough! I won't be afraid any more. I am going to do something about the problems in our world." All it takes for evil to consume Elona is for good men to sit by and let it happen. Well I'm a good man and I won't let evil in any form invade my land.
- When approached, a popup dialogue occurs between Merkhet and Nertu regarding his participation in the Sunspears.
- Neither NPC offers a quest at the completion of this dialogue. So far it's unknown if this dialogue is involved in any quest in the game.