GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
A morale boost is a temporary positive boost to your health and energy by a fixed percentage. Every time you earn a morale boost, all skills and signets are instantly recharged (including Resurrection Signet), your maximum health and energy increase, and the health and energy bonuses are added to your current total; these bonuses cannot exceed +10% of your maximum health and energy. A morale boost is the opposite of a death penalty, although both are added together for a cumulative effect. The terms "morale boost" and "death penalty" are also used to describe whether this cumulative effect is positive or negative.
A 10% morale boost will provide +48 health and +2 energy to a level 20 character. A 60% death penalty will reduce a level 20 character's health by 288 and energy by 12.
Sources[edit | edit source]
PvE[edit | edit source]
Morale boosts in PvE are generally gained in 2% increments. Morale boosts in PvE are earned by:
- Defeating a boss
- Paying for the Favor of the Gods at a shrine
- Completing miscellaneous mission objectives
PvP[edit | edit source]
Morale boosts in PvP come in 10% increments and can be earned through the following methods:
- Holding the Flag stand for two minutes in a Guild Battle
- Killing an opposing Ghostly Hero
- Holding the altar in King of the hill matches for two minutes
- Note: Killing an opposing guild member in a guild battle will remove 2% death penalty but will not provide a boost above 0%.
Removal[edit | edit source]
- When a player is killed, they receive a 15% death penalty. The maximum cumulative morale boost a player can have is 10%. Thus, a character maxed out on morale boosts that dies once will still be left with a 5% death penalty.
- Entering a town or outpost
- Various consumables
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Morale boosts and death penalties are not removed when the character travels between explorable areas.
- The only PvP arenas where players can gain morale boosts are Guild versus guild and Heroes' Ascent.
- When a team wins a match in Heroes' Ascent, each player will keep any morale boost they have acquired, but will be relieved of any death penalty.