GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Nicholas the Traveler
|Nicholas the Traveler|
The page type input value ":" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process..jpg|200px]]
Last update: Saturday, 11:01 (UTC)
Nicholas the Traveler is a collector who travels all over Tyria, handing out Gifts of the Traveler to adventurers intrepid enough to collect the various items he requests. His location and requested item changes every Monday at 15:00 UTC.
- See the collections archive and the dialogue archive for historical data.
- If he fails to appear, check to see whether you have an active quest that affects the foes spawning in the area.
- Each account is limited to 5 gifts per week.
- If you are in the same area as Nicholas when the change occurs, he and Yakkington will still appear, but he will not offer any dialogue.
- As with any NPC, Nick's appearance can be suppressed by active quests in the area. You can usually fix this by dropping (or completing) local quests or returning with a different character.
- This can be more difficult in the Kryta region of Tyria, since it is not always easy to tell which part of the War in Kryta might be affecting this. The most reliable work-around is to return with a character at a different point in the storyline. Alternative, you can wait, since ANet usually fixes the problem within 24-48 hours.
- He follows an itinerary of 137 weekly locations (~2.6 years), which covers every vanquishable area in Guild Wars plus The Undercity. The same locations are items are being used for the second cycle, but he is not visiting them in the same order.
- Farming guides (currently requested item)
- Coordinated Search Site
- The Traveler gets his name from the gift-giving Saint Nicholas.
- Nicholas always travels with his trusty partner, Professor Yakkington.
- The Traveler is known as Nicholas Sandford in Pre-Searing Ascalon.
- Nick started his second world tour on December 5, 2011; coincidentally, that is the eve of Saint Nicholas' feast day according to the Gregorian calendar.