Nishu is the stressed out mother of Tien.
- "I have told you one thousand times already! No! You cannot have one... Oh! Please excuse me. I thought you were someone else."
- Tien: "I want a dumpling, NOW! I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it!"
- Nishu: "If you do not stop asking, I will throw your share to the pigs!"
- Tien: "Why can't I have one? Other kids have some already. Please can I have one?"
- Nishu: "Why? Because I said so. That is why."
- Tien: "I am so hungry, can I have just one bite?"
- Nishu: "For the last time you must wait until the feast starts."
- Tien: "May I have a dumpling? Please?"
- Nishu: "I told you before, you may not have a dumpling until the feast begins."
- Tien: "Please...?"
- Nishu: "No!"