GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Operation: Crush Spirits
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Report to the Battlefield.
- Destroy the Beacon of Dwayna.
- Destroy the Beacon of Melandru.
- Bonus Objective: Destroy all the Opposing Champions.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the Battle in under 30 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the Battle in under 20 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the Battle in under 10 minutes.
- Depends on bonus objectives completed
- "All of this merriment is really starting to get to me. Humanity is doomed if we insist on spending our time with such foolish festivities rather than preparing for the inevitable darkness on the horizon. That is why the Priests of Balthazar have agreed to ally with the Priests of Grenth this year, and by Balthazar's Beard, we're not going to lose to a bunch of Monks and Oakheart-huggers! We have the combined might of the God of War and the God of Death. War! Death! How could anyone be foolish enough to face us in battle?"
- "We have met with enemy dignitaries and have agreed on a site for the grand battle of the gods. We shall use this battle to show our great superiority and convince the doubters to embrace the season of death once and for all."
- "You must choose who you wish to support in this conflict. If you wish to pledge your allegiance to Grenth and Balthazar, speak with the Champion of Balthazar. Should you wish to die in futility... and serve Dwayna and Melandru, speak with Melandru's Watcher. Both can be found in either the Temple of the Ages or the Chantry of Secrets."
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Foes[edit | edit source]
- 15 (25) Jingle Bear
- 26 (32) Beacon of Melandru (Uses no skills)
- 15 (25) Jingle Moa
- 24 (30) General of Melandru
- 15 (25) Bustling Snowman
- 26 (32) Beacon of Dwayna (Uses no skills)
- 24 (30) General of Dwayna
- 15 (25) Cordial Snowman
- 15 (25) Glimmering Snowman
- 15 (25) Festive Iboga
- 15 (25) Merry Jacaranda
- 15 (25) Chilled Snowman
- 15 (25) Melandru's Stalker
- 15 (25) Melandru's Watcher
- 15 (25) Industrious Snowman
- 15 (25) Blessed Snowman
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- 24 (30) Champion of Dwayna (Uses snowball skills)
- 24 (30) Champion of Melandru (Uses snowball skills)
Allies[edit | edit source]
- 24 (30) Champion of Balthazar (Wintersday)
- 26 (32) Beacon of Balthazar
- 15 (25) Eternal Warrior
- 24 (30) General of Balthazar
- 15 (25) Eternal Ranger
- 15 (25) Humbug
- 15 (25) Eternal Monk
- 26 (32) Beacon of Grenth
- 24 (30) Champion of Grenth
- 15 (25) Eternal Necromancer
- 15 (25) Voice of Grenth
- 24 (30) General of Grenth
- 15 (25) Mind of Grenth
- 15 (25) Bruiser Grentch
- 15 (25) Eternal Elementalist
- 15 (25) Chill of Grenth
- 15 (25) Shepherd of Grenth
- 15 (25) Eternal Paragon
- 15 (25) Harvester Grentch
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
While in this quest, your skill bar is replaced with Snow fighting skills.
Enemies keep spawning until the Beacon they spawn from is destroyed. There are two beacons to destroy.
Some general tips:
- Ice Fort is an enchantment, so bringing a +20% enchantment mod can help.
- The generals, champions, and beacons all count as spirits, as such cannot be hexed and are immune to the available conditions.
- Avoiding groups and aiming for the beacons is a way to complete this quest quickly. A team doing this may complete in under 7 minutes.
- Once one beacon is defeated, it is usually becomes easy to defeat the second beacon, as your reinforcements outnumber the opposing forces 2 to 1.
- The defeat of a Champion or General gives a morale boost and recharges skills. This can be of use as these foes can use blizzard on you, giving you a free recharge of a prot skill that you may need to survive the duration effects of blizzard.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because Yuletide causes all players and heroes to have the same stats, low level heroes can quickly gain experience by killing the large number of enemies. This is particularly effective in hard mode.
- The quest takes place in The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods, which is located in the same area as Anvil Rock.
See also[edit | edit source]
- The quest to fight on the other side is Fighting in a Winter Wonderland.