The Paragon is a ranged profession first introduced in Guild Wars Nightfall. The term Paragon is used to describe a model of excellence, or one who represents the ideal of their kind. They are a supportive class who enhance teammates within earshot through the use of shouts, chants, and echoes to buff party members and allies. The Paragon has an angelic appearance with white armor and under garments. Several chants have an animation displaying golden wings extending from the Paragon's back, enhancing the effect. They wield spears - ranged weapons with the range of a shortbow - as well as shields tied to the Command or Motivation attribute. The patron gods of Paragons are Dwayna and Balthazar.
Despite being classified a support character, the Paragon is the only class other than the Warrior to have a base armor of 80 - though Warriors are still better equipped due to their extra +20 armor against physical attacks. They are also the only other class to naturally equip shields.
The primary Paragon's base armor provides 80 armor and +10 energy. A starting primary Paragon begins with 30 base energy and 2 energy recovery.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Leadership (primary attribute): You gain 2 energy for each ally affected by one of your shouts or chants (maximum 1 Energy for every 2 ranks).
- Spear Mastery: With a versatile skill list of conditional attacks, Spear Mastery increases the damage and chance to inflict a critical hit with a spear.
- Command: With a varied skill list of party buffers, Command increases the effectiveness of offensive and defensive enhancements that may improve health, armor, and damage.
- Motivation: With a skill list of beneficial capabilites, Motivation increases the effectiveness of conditional party-wide healing, energy management, and condition removals.
Profession Combinations[edit | edit source]
Related Articles[edit | edit source]
- Paragon skills quick reference
- Refrain skills quick reference
- Category:Paragon skills
- Armor types
- Paragon armor crafting quick reference
- Paragon collector armor
- Paragon collector weapons
- Paragon unique items quick reference
- Effective paragon guide
- Echo (skill type)
- Paragon dance information
- Paragon quick references (category)
- Paragon elite skill locations
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the paragon's shouts are pop-culture references such as "Can't Touch This!", "It's just a flesh wound.", and "The Power Is Yours!"
- The paragon is partly based on the bard archetype in its use of vocalizations - shouts/chants instead of standard songs - to support allies.
- The paragon is also similar to the paladin archetype in being a heavily-armored warrior that leads the team and supports comrades.
|Warrior • Ranger • Monk • Necromancer • Mesmer • Elementalist • Assassin • Ritualist • Paragon • Dervish|