GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Poisoned Outcrops are an explorable area in The Desolation. It is notable for having no Wurm Spoors, and must be explored completely on foot. The only sulfurous areas are at the bottom of deep canyons that define this area's topography. Perhaps the relative lack of sulfur, the clear sky, and the twisted palm trees that grow here are a sign that this area is less affected by whatever corruption tainted the Desolation then the rest of it. This would make some sense, as the Outcrops are the Northernmost point not only in the Desolation, but in Elona.
Exits[edit | edit source]
Shrines, Blessings and Bounties[edit | edit source]
- Northeast: Ghostly Priest: Elemental Hunt
- Southeast: Ghostly Scout: Undead Hunt (near exit to Lair of the Forgotten; tending the Shrine to Melandru)
- Southwest: Ghostly Scout: Undead Hunt (near exit to The Ruptured Heart)
- Northwest: Ghostly Scout: Undead Hunt
- Center: Ghostly Priest: Margonite Battle
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- 22 (26)Graven Monolith
- Torment creatures
Animals[edit | edit source]
- 5 Hyena
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Elementals[edit | edit source]
Margonites[edit | edit source]
Undead[edit | edit source]
- 28 (30) Fondalz the Spiteful (Signet of Suffering)
- 28 (30) Mekir the Prismatic (Ether Prism)
- 28 (30) Nehjab the Parched (Reclaim Essence)
Quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vanquishers must defeat 176-274 foes in this area.
- Droajam, Mage of the Sands is by far the most difficult group to defeat. Spread out before aggroing him because he's accompanied with 3 other elementals, thus dealing massive AoE damage.
- The following quests spawn additional enemies: The Growing Threat, The Cold Touch of the Past, and The Hallowed Point.
- This is a relatively difficult zone, but a strong group will find it attractive for Lightbringer farming, because it can be cleared in well under an hour for at least 1,000 Lightbringer points.
- For point farming, the quests mentioned above should be retained (instead of accepting the rewards) for a couple reasons. First, the additional enemies increase the number of Lightbringer points attainable per run. Secondly, the monk allies from The Growing Threat, and the Aura of the Staff of the Mists from The Hallowed Ground, provide useful assistance to balance the difficulty added.
- Be certain to get the Margonite Bounty as early as possible, and before starting The Cold Touch of the Past/The Hallowed Ground part. If farming Lightbringer points with a group of humans, it should be possible to get multiple runs by leaving after the vanquish completes but prior to accepting the reward, allowing multiple runs using one or two of the three quests.
- Always destroy Awakened Cavaliers first, because they resurrect fallen comrades very quickly. Take out Awakened Acolytes next. Consider bringing Frozen Soil prevent enemy resurrection.