Polymock: Defeat Dune Teardrinker
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Defeat Dune Teardrinker in a game of Polymock at Doomlore Shrine.
- See Hoff [Polymock Master] for your reward.
- "[Difficulty: Master] [Solo Quest] I've arranged a match for you against a particularly vicious opponent. He's the only Charr I've encountered with the patience and skill to learn the game. Dune Teardrinker is his name. His pieces are so rare you may never find others like them. Be careful if you win, though. Charr don't take kindly to losing."
- Accept: "The only tears we'll be drinking will be his own."
- Reject: "I don't want to get eaten."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Dune Teardrinker)
- "I learned Polymock from those big-eared creatures. I collected pieces worthy of a great warrior. I eradicated those with the same pieces. I am an original. I am unstoppable! Do you dare to face me?"
- Player response: "I wish to play you in a game of Polymock."
- "You will be removed from your party and taken to a Polymock arena to battle Dune Teardrinker. Do you wish to proceed?"
- Accept: "Yes."
- Reject: "No."
- "Congratulations! Not only did you defeat Dune Teardrinker, but you returned in one piece!"
- Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff (requires all three "defeat" quest listed in its Requirements be completed first)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Talk to Denn if you want to register any additional Polymock pieces, then challenge Dune Teardrinker to a match. This match occurs in the Polymock Crossing arena. If you are defeated, simply speak to Dune to try again. Once you've defeated him, return to Hoff to claim your reward.
Pieces used by Dune Teardrinker are:
Combinations most likely to succeed in beating him:
- Kappa → Earth Elemental → Fire Elemental
- Kappa → Earth Elemental → Ice Imp
- Fire Elemental → Kappa → Earth Elemental
- Gargoyle → Earth Elemental → Kappa
- Fire Elemental → Earth Elemental → Kappa
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Seventh in a chain of eight quests:
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Yulma
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Plurgg
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Blarp
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Fonk (the next three quests all become available after this quest, but it is suggested completing them in the order shown)
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Grulhammer Silverfist
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Necromancer Volumandus
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Dune Teardrinker
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff