GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Polymock: Defeat Necromancer Volumandus
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Defeat Necromancer Volumandus in a game of Polymock at Tarnished Haven.
- See Hoff [Polymock Master] for your reward.
- "[Difficulty: Master] [Solo Quest] Be wary of your next opponent, <name>. The black arts provide him insight and powers no creatures should possess. His Polymock pieces are from a set crafted with dark magic long considered destroyed. Will you challenge Necromancer Volumandus to a game?"
- Accept: "I'll beat this Necromancer and exploit his corpse!"
- Reject: "I don't want to become one of his minions."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Necromancer Volumandus)
- "It is a little known fact that some Polymock pieces were made using the dark arts. Through the ages, most were destroyed or hidden. I have managed to acquire some of the few remaining pieces known in all of Tyria. So tell me, are you ready to face your darkest fears, <name>?"
- Player response: "I wish to play you in a game of Polymock."
- "You will be removed from your party and taken to a Polymock arena to battle Necromancer Volumandus. Do you wish to proceed?"
- Accept: "Yes."
- Reject: "No."
- "So you defeated the Necromancer and he didn't turn you into a bone minion? Two victories for the price of one, I say. Well done! Someday you'll have to tell me your strategy."
- Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff (requires all three "defeat" quest listed in its Requirements be completed first)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Talk to Denn if you want to register any further Polymock pieces, then challenge Necromancer Volumandus to a match. This match occurs in the Polymock Coliseum arena. If you are defeated, simply speak to Volumandus to try again. Once you've defeated him, return to Hoff to claim your reward.
Pieces used by Volumandus are:
Combinations most likely to succeed in beating him:
- Aloe Seed → Earth Elemental → Kappa
- Aloe Seed → Kappa → Earth Elemental
- Kappa → Fire Elemental → Earth Elemental
- Gargoyle → Earth Elemental → Kappa
- Ice imp → Earth Elemental → Kappa
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sixth in a chain of eight quests:
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Yulma
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Plurgg
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Blarp
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Fonk (the next three quests all become available after this quest, but it is suggested completing them in the order shown)
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Grulhammer Silverfist
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Necromancer Volumandus
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Dune Teardrinker
- Hoff: Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff