GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Portal jumping is the act of crossing an Area boundary without triggering a transition. Characters use Heart of Shadow or Viper's Defense to bounce off a target (usually a hero) to hop over a portal without zoning.
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Allows you to view the ends of the world in a variety of settings.
- In some areas, allows you to explore an explorable area mob free, making it easier to progress the Cartographer title.
- In a very few areas, allows you to reach areas otherwise inaccessible, exposing the map fog, which also helps with cartographic exploration.
Jumping[edit | edit source]
- Simple jumping
- Position yourself (and your target) so that you start close to the portal and will step as far away as possible.
- Chained jumps
- Bring heroes with pets, Strike as One, and Serpent's Quickness
- Equip with Recall, HoS and/or Viper's Defense.
- Use recall to stop the pets from wandering.
- After at least two pets have stopped, target the farthest one and have everyone step to it. Maintain recall.
- Repeat until you cannot get the pets any farther across the portal.
- Stop maintaining recall. Cross your fingers.