GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Projectiles are the energy/arrows from long ranged weapons and some long-ranged spells.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- A projectile requires a clear line of sight, however it does not require a clear flight path.
- A projectile's trajectory is calculated based on the location and velocity of the target. Projectiles can be dodged by moving out of their paths. Projectiles can also be caused to stray by stopping before moving into their path
- All projectile weapons have unlimited ammunition.
- All projectile weapons have increased range and damage when used against lower targets and decreased range and damage when used against higher targets.
- Arrows from bows, including bow attack skills
- Spears, including spear attack skills
- Magical projectile attacks
- Attacks from bone fiends, as well as the projectiles fired by monsters using regular attacks or ranged attack skills.
- Various ranged monster attacks.
- Ranged Junundu attacks.
- Some Elementalist spells
- Monk spells
- Assassin spells
- Monster skills
- Junundu skills
- Temporary mission-specific spells
- PvE-only skills
Skills that affect projectiles[edit | edit source]
- Error creating thumbnail: File missing"Shields Up!" provides armor against projectile attacks
- Deflect Arrows inflicts Bleeding to adjacent foes whenever a projectile attack is blocked
- Dodge blocks 27...65% projectile attacks
- Favorable Winds adds damage to arrows and makes them travel faster
- Read the Wind adds damage to arrows and makes them travel faster
- Whirling Defense deals damage to adjacent foes whenever a projectile attack is blocked
- Zojun's Haste blocks 27...65% projectile attacks
- Glyph of Swiftness makes projectile spells travel faster
- Swirling Aura blocks 50% projectile attacks
- Winds makes foes have a 15% chance to miss with projectile attacks
Ranged weapon comparison[edit | edit source]
|Profession||Weapon||Two-handed||Maximum Damage1||Refire Rate||Range2||Flight Time3||Arc Size||Other Properties|
|Ranger||Bow, Flatbow class||Yes||15-28||2.0 seconds||1.35||0.88 seconds||Large|
|Bow, Hornbow class||Yes||15-28||2.7 seconds||1.2||0.59 seconds||Normal||10% armor penetration|
|Bow, Longbow class||Yes||15-28||2.4 seconds||1.35||0.59 seconds||Normal|
|Bow, Recurve Bow class||Yes||15-28||2.4 seconds||1.2||0.40 seconds||Small|
|Bow, Shortbow class||Yes||15-28||2.0 seconds||1.0||0.59 seconds||Normal|
|Paragon||Spear||No||14-27||1.5 seconds||1.0||0.60 seconds||Small|
|Staff||Yes||11-22||1.75 seconds||1.2||unknown||Small||up to +10 energy,|
halves spell recharge (10-20%),
no linked attack skills,
extremely low critical hit rate
|Wand||No||11-22||1.75 seconds||1.2||unknown||Small||no linked attack skills,|
extremely low critical hit rate
- Ranged weapons inflict more damage against lower targets and less damage against higher targets. The exact mechanics of this are unknown.
- Range is approximated in the radius of the aggro circle. The range of projectile weapons increases against lower targets and decreases against higher targets. The exact mechanics of this are unknown.
- Flight Time is for a target at Shortbow range distance.