A PvE skill is a skill that is only usable in PvE. When equipped in a PvP area, it will appear as a locked skill and cannot be used. Most PvE skills are more powerful than normal skills, and as such they can be very useful.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
PvE skills come in four main forms:
- Kurzick/Luxon skills based on Allegiance rank and gained from a Faction Rewards NPC.
- Sunspear skills based on Sunspear rank and bought from Hero Skill trainers.
- Eye of the North title skills based on Asura, Deldrimor, Norn, or Ebon Vanguard rank and gained through skill quests.
- Lightbringer's Gaze, Lightbringer Signet, and Sunspear Rebirth Signet, which are all acquired for free once a certain title rank is reached.
- Signet of Capture is also considered a PvE skill.
Use[edit | edit source]
A maximum of 3 PvE skills can be equipped at one time. Because they require no attribute point allotment, they can be used in almost any build with an optional skill slot.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the same way that players cannot copy monster only skills, monsters cannot copy a player's PvE-only skills (such as by using Monkey See, Monkey Do).
- When pinging skills to the party, PvE skills display as though the title rank were 0.