GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Raid on Kaineng Center
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Speak with Guardsman Qau Lin when you are ready for combat.
- Position the Imperial Guards in defensive positions. There is only a short time before they reach the gates!
- Do not allow the gangs to breach the gate to the palace.
- See Guardsman Qao Lin for your reward.
- I hope you are ready for battle. If so, speak with me and we can begin positioning our forces. I shouldn't have to stress to you that we are all that stands between our enemies and the emperor. Not to mention countless innocent civilians. We must not fall!
- Accept: They shall not pass!
- Reject: Actually, I think I have a boat to catch...
- When asked about quest: Are you ready to begin positioning our forces?
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (before battle)
- Guardsman Qao Lin: Look alive, men! Today we fight not just for our lives, but for the whole of Cantha.
- Guardsman Qao Lin: I'll spare you a long speech and simply remind you that retreat is not an option. Failure is not an option. We must be victorious!
- Guardsman Qao Lin: <party leader>, my men will obey your orders. Speak with them and direct them to where you want them stationed. We only have a few minutes before they break through that gate, though, so move fast!
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Front Gate breached)
- Guardsman Qao Lin: They've broken through the gate! This is it, men; may Balthazar guide our blades!
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (Docks Gate attacked)
- Guardsman Qao Lin: Those fiends! They've brought reinforcements by sea! Move some of our men to the northwest to defend the gate leading to Bejunkan Pier! That gate won't hold long!
Intermediate Dialogue 4 (during battle)
- Guardsman Qao Lin: Hold strong, men, we're dwindling their numbers!
- Guardsman Qao Lin: We hold or we die! We are all that stands between them and the emperor!
- Guardsman Qao Lin: This is it, men! For the glory of the Dragon Empire!
Intermediate Dialogue 5 (final wave, when you defeat Reisen the Phoenix and Apep, Unending Night)
- Guardsman Qao Lin: I guess the Unending Night...
- Guardsman Qao Lin: ...Is seeing stars.
- Guardsman Qao Lin: Looks like that's one Phoenix...
- Guardsman Qao Lin: ...That won't be risin'.
Intermediate Dialogue 6 (after defeating all enemies)
- Guardsman Qao Lin: We've done it, they're falling back!
- Guardsman Qao Lin: Tend to the wounded. I need every soldier who can still stand on their own to prepare for the counteroffensive.
- Canthan Guard: Sir?
- Guardsman Qao Lin: These are not soldiers, they are thugs, bandits, murderers, and fiends. Kaineng Center is safe, for now, but those fleeing rats are sure to murder and pillage their way back into their holes.
- Guardsman Qao Lin: So we take the fight to them. Now, while they are disorganized. We cannot allow the citizens of Cantha to reap the vengeance of our foe.
- We've done it! Kaineng Center is safe, and the threat to the palace seems to have been halted. For now. But there are still many Am Fah and Jade Brotherhood thugs in the surrounding area. This is only the beginning, and we have recalled all available Imperial Guards to deal with the remaining criminals plaguing our streets. Once they arrive, we shall take the fight to them!
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
When you enter the instance you are near where Guardsman Qau Lin stands to give you the quest. The nearby stairs lead to the Palace Gate. Nearby, there is a group of 8 Imperial guards with swords and 4 with bows. Talking to them will have them follow you; talking to them again will make them stop.
Enemies will come in through two gates: the main entrance to Kaineng Center via Bukdek Byway and the Port Gate that leads to Bejunkan Pier.
If you want don't want to stray too far from the Palace Gate, you can set one group (either heroes or guards) on the platform near Michiko's normal location and the other group near where the Imperial Quartermasters normally stand.