Rites of Remembrance
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Light the candles on all four braziers in the catacombs to appease the angry spirits.
- 0...4/4 candles placed.
- Return to Necromancer Munne for your reward.
- "The dead are restless. Buried here are many brave warriors who sacrificed their lives defending Ascalon from foreign guilds from the south and the bestial Charr to the north. They wonder if it is not too much that their sacrifices be remembered and honored.
- Someone must place candles on the four stands commemorating their actions so they will know we have not forgotten them."
- Accept: "As you wish."
- Reject: "I'd rather not."
- "Appeasing the spirits wasn't so difficult after all, was it? Learning to understand the dead is the first step in understanding the art of the Necromancer."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Talk to Munne to get the Votive Candles then descend into the Catacombs and head to the left (the same area you have to go for A Monk's Mission). Each candle must be placed on a brazier that has a Restless Spirit protecting it. The Restless Spirit should take out most of the monsters in the area if you hang back and wait. The floor in this area is flooded with diseased water, so move quickly, and rest on the dais at the other end of the maze area to regenerate your health.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once this quest has been completed, the Restless Spirits will no longer patrol the Catacombs.