GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Description[edit | edit source]
Sacrifice is a component of skill cost, primarily seen on necromancer skills. Sacrifice costs are listed as a percentage of the character's maximum health and range from 2% to 33%. Because the percentage is based on maximum health, it is possible for a character to die by sacrificing more health than he or she currently has.
Unlike energy and adrenaline, the other main components of skill cost, sacrifice costs are not paid until the skill has finished activating. Canceling a skill or being interrupted will not trigger the sacrifice cost.
In terms of game mechanics, sacrifice is a sub-type of health loss that is different from damage and life stealing. Because of this, damage mitigation skills like Reversal of Fortune or Shelter will not trigger when a character sacrifices health.
Sacrifice skills[edit | edit source]
These skills have a health sacrifice cost (sacrifice amount is shown in parentheses). For a more detailed list, see Sacrifice skills quick reference.
|Blood Magic||Curses||Channeling Magic|
|Death Magic||Restoration Magic|
|Soul Reaping||Spawning Power|
- The sacrifice cost is increased by 2% for every minion healed by this skill.
- The sacrifice cost is omitted if you are within earshot of a spirit.
Related skills[edit | edit source]
These skills interact with sacrifice costs in various ways.
Modify sacrifice costs
- Awaken the Blood is a self-enchantment that increases sacrifice costs by 50%.
- Scourge Sacrifice is a hex that doubles all sacrifice costs for the affected targets.
Sacrifice triggered by effect
- Contagion is an self-enchantment that causes a sacrifice of 10...6% every time you gain a new condition.
- Masochism is a self-enchantment that causes a sacrifice of 5...3% every time you cast a spell.
Effect triggered by sacrifice
- Dark Aura is an enchantment that deals damage to adjacent foes, at the cost of health loss.
- Masochism (PvP) is a self-enchantment that gives energy every time you sacrifice health.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Health sacrifice is subject to rounding. A caster with a maximum of 1 health will never die due to sacrifice. This is the basis of a 1 HP Blood is Power build.
- Blood is Power (33%/sec) is the fastest way to sacrifice health, the next non-elite fastest way to sacrifice health is through Order of Pain (6.18%/sec) followed by Blood Ritual (4.25%/sec). Using Blood of the Master with many Minion Masters on your team could potentially sacrifice more than 100% of your health.