GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Secondary professions for an Elementalist
Those wishing to mix secondary class skills with the Elementalist's primary attribute Energy Storage will find an increased pool of energy with which to use, and more frequency with which to use those skills. Although an Elementalist will use a primarily native skill set, those that mix classes may find options enabling them to augment their character for the better.
Always remember, when choosing secondary skills, that native skills often have better synergy with the profession's purpose, interact better with the profession's other skills, and benefit from runes.
Elementalist/Warrior[edit | edit source]
Elementalist/Ranger[edit | edit source]
- There is very little benefit from this class combination.
Elementalist/Monk[edit | edit source]
- Reusable resurrection spells are often beneficial in PvE.
- The PvE version of Ether Renewal allows unlimited casting of energy intensive monk spells like Protective Spirit or Infuse Health, as well as manage upkeep of bonds.
Elementalist/Necromancer[edit | edit source]
- Weaken Armor is useful to allow Elementalist spells to do more damage, especially in Hard mode.
Elementalist/Mesmer[edit | edit source]
- Echo and Arcane Echo offer additional casting of long recharge skills, or faster recasting of fast skills. This is most notably seen with Echo nukers.
- Mesmers stances can be beneficial for Elementalists, such as Mantra of Earth with Stone Striker or Hex Breaker to guard against dangerous hexes.
- An Air Magic Elementalist can spread conditions using Epidemic to tightly grouped foes.
- Auspicious Incantation is often used with Deep Freeze for an AoE snare as well as large energy return.
Elementalist/Assassin[edit | edit source]
- Assassin's Promise can be used to recharge all skills as long as there are targets to kill. This results to an elementalist who can keep casting powerful but long recharge spells non-stop.
- Elementalist Assassins can use the Assassin's shadow step skills to get close to a group of foes, and then use some powerful PBAoE skills such as Flame Burst, Star Burst or Shockwave to do massive amounts of damage to all enemies within range. The effectiveness of this combination is mitigated by an Elementalist's light armor; without some protective enchantments, an Elementalist will often die before being able to cast many PBAoE spells.
Elementalist/Ritualist[edit | edit source]
- Repeatable resurrection spells are often beneficial in PvE.
- A massive energy pool can make item spells much less precarious. It also allows the Elementalist to become a makeshift Spirit spammer.
Elementalist/Paragon[edit | edit source]
- Several Paragon signets can be useful in PvE with little or no attribute investment; such as Signet of Return, allowing repeatable resurrections.
- In PvP, Elementalists can take "Make Haste!" for relic running in the The Hall of Heroes or "Fall Back!" for a team speed boost in Alliance Battles.
Elementalist/Dervish[edit | edit source]
- Since Elementalists usually have many enchantments, Mystic Regeneration or Conviction can increase the survivability of this squishy class.
- Featherfoot Grace is occasionally used in PvP as an IMS.
|Secondary professions for ...|
|Warrior • Ranger • Monk • Necromancer • Mesmer • Elementalist • Assassin • Ritualist • Paragon • Dervish|