GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
The Shadow Army is an army of dark creatures in service of Menzies, the Lord of Destruction. The Shadow Army is engaged with the Eternal forces of Balthazar in a constant war inside the Fissure of Woe.
The Shadow Army has units that run the gamut of professions. They patrol many parts of the Fissure, especially in the areas of the Temple of War, the Tower of Strength and the Tower of Courage. They are, however, hostile to the Skeleton Army that wanders the Great Battle Field; and inciting fights between groups of those two armies is a famous tactic to get rid of both.
Known subtypes[edit | edit source]
|Region||Profession||Collectable drop||Crafting materials|
|Fissure of Woe||24 Shadow Warrior
|24 Shadow Ranger||24 Shadow Monk||28 Shadow Beast||24 Shadow Mesmer||24 Shadow Elemental||Dark Remains||Pile of Glittering Dust,|
|Realm of Torment||24 Shadow Warrior||24 Shadow Ranger||24 Shadow Monk||28 Shadow Beast||24 Shadow Mesmer||24 Shadow Elemental||unknown||unknown|
|Domain of Anguish||28 Abyssal
28 Claw of Darkness
|28 Wind of Darkness||28 Scourge of Darkness||28 Curse of Darkness||28 Thought of Darkness||28 Chill of Darkness||Torment Gemstone||unknown|
For a list of all units of the Shadow Army including bosses and quest-specific units, see Category:Shadow Army.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you know you will be going up against members of the Shadow Army, take extra care with group positioning and pulls. Shadow Beasts appear suddenly in the same manner as Devourers, Assassins or other 'ambushing' creatures. Also, multiple Shadow Army groups tend to be linked together in unexpected ways. Don't be surprised if you pull one group, only to attract the attentions of another group 50 feet away.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most Shadow Army units resemble darker, greyscale versions of other units with glowing yellow eyes (or white eyes in the case of Shadow Beasts) and (with the exception of Shadow Beasts, Shadow Rangers and Shadow Warriors) curved black spikes projecting from their backs.
- Most units resemble the White Mantle, it is not known whether this resemblance is intentional or simply the result of reusing graphics. Shadow Monks, Mesmers and Elementals look very similar to White Mantle Priests, Sycophants and Savants. Shadow Warriors and Rangers wear armor very similar to White Mantle Knights, however they have spiked helmets and no capes, and their armor has the distinctive 'fins' or 'wings' of the Enchanted. They even have the White Mantle symbol on their armor or clothing.
- Abyssals look like Trolls.
- Shadow Beasts are re-skins of Nightmares.