GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Skill points are used to buy skills from skill trainers and consumables from consumables crafters.
Each skill costs one skill point and a certain amount of money. The first skill purchased costs 50 , and the price increases gradually up to a cap of 1 on the 21st skill.
The total number of unredeemed skill points is listed in the hero panel.
Acquiring skill points[edit | edit source]
A character acquires skill points in the following ways:
- Receiving mission rewards by completing missions with Standard or Master rewards;
- Completing quests which reward skill points;
- Gaining character levels;
- Gaining experience, after reaching the level cap;
- Using a Star of Transference.
Number of skill points[edit | edit source]
Although 261 skill points can be earned from missions and quests, the maximum a single character can earn (from them) depends on their starting Campaign: Prophecies: 253 points, Factions: 252 points, and Nightfall: 244 points.
- 25 in Prophecies (1 point awarded for each of 25 missions; the first eight missions only award skill points to Prophecies characters)
- 39 in Factions (1 point awarded for each level of completion on each of 13 missions; the first two missions only award skill points to Factions characters)
- 60 in Nightfall (1 point awarded for each level of completion on each of 20 missions)
- 124 from repeating all missions in Hard Mode
You can also earn unlimited skill points through gaining experience.
- Gaining Character Levels: 19 points = 1 point per Level through the level cap of 20;
- Gaining XP: 1 point per 15,000 xp, after reaching level 20;
- Using a Star of Transference allows you to Trade skill points with another player or character.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You can save money and skill points by performing skill quests instead of purchasing skills. Prophecies offers such quests throughout the game; Factions and Nightfall offer them in the training areas of Shing Jea Island and Istan respectively.
- Skill points are not rewarded for completing the missions in the Bonus Mission Pack nor in Eye of the North.
- The 21st skill is the first to cost 1. The first 20 skills will cost a total of 6.45 or just over 322 each, on average.