GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Stemming the Skeletal Tide
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Enter the Underworld.
- Use the Everlasting Mobstopper to trap the spirit of a weakened Skeleton of Dhuum.
- Bring the Captured Skeleton to the Mad King's Steward.
- "The situation is getting worse. Dhuum's elite soldiers, and legion of hand-picked skeletal minions, have been appearing throughout the Underworld in greater and greater numbers. They must be stopped, but killing them only adds to Dhuum's growing power. Fortunately, the Mad King keeps a healthy supply of Everlasting Mobstoppers. If you weaken one of Dhuum's minions without killing it, you should be able to imprison it within the Everlasting Mobstopper. We've only used them on angry human mobs before, so report back to me and let me know how it works on Dhuum's minions."
- Accept: "What could possibly go wrong? I'll do it!"
- Reject: "This sounds like a good way to get killed."
- "I knew it! Even a skeleton can have a sweet tooth. Truly, no one can resist my candy creations! Now I will tell Mad King Thorn of your success and begin creating more Everlasting Mobstoppers should we run out. My thanks, mortal!"
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Unlike the previous two quests in this quest chain, this quest utilizes a normal Underworld instance. Either pay 1 to the Voice of Grenth or use a Passage Scroll to the Underworld. Once there, you will see (among the normal enemies) some Skeletons of Dhuum roaming around. Wait in the starting area until one walks close enough that you can aggro it without aggroing any Bladed Aatxes, then pull it down the stairs to you. After damaging it down to ~25% health, double-click the Everlasting Mobstopper in your inventory, and it will turn into a Captured Skeleton. You can still capture a skeleton if you kill it.
This can be done solo, just be sure to have a bit of self-healing and good single-target damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- During Halloween, all statues of Grenth are active regardless of favor (though without it, the Voice of Grenth will only offer Halloween-related options). You can pay the usual fee to enter the Underworld for this quest.
- Everlasting Mobstoppers can be stockpiled by moving them into storage and then talking to the Mad King's Steward to obtain another one. This allows you to capture multiple skeletons in a single run.
- Characters do not actually need to visit the Underworld. It is sufficient to obtain a Captured Skeleton, which can be shared between characters on the same account and/or saved from previous Halloween events.