GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Question: Are crafted weapons customized "out of the box"? --Tetris L 20:57, 2 Oct 2005 (EST)
- No, they are not. Just tried it. Never even bothered to craft any weapons before. As long as the drops are far better than the crafting and crafting offers no edge, I don't think anyone will every buy crafted stuff. --Karlos 15:39, 3 Oct 2005 (EST)
- I tried too and found out the same. :) I've never bought any crafted weapons either (except in pre-searing), but while I looked at them over the last 2 days I found that some of them aren't too shabby. Especially the stuff offered in Droknar's, it's max damage, plus some nice modifiers. I seem to recall that ANet improved crafter weapons in a recent update, but I can't find which one. See my note under Weapon Crafter. --Tetris L 16:25, 3 Oct 2005 (EST)
I always wonder about the armor collector. The armor they give you are customized for you, so does this mean they also craft? Like they have spare materials, and for the items you give them, they are willing to craft armor for you for free? The weapon/charm collector could've just have a big stockpile of weapons buried under their feet, but the same logic doesn't apply to armor that must be customized. -PanSola 22:12, 27 October 2005 (EST)
- I think the customization aspect is so that no one would sell armor in the game (as that would cause huge inflation with higher level players selling armor to new players that they got for peanuts at very high prices). So, whether the armor was obtain from a collector, a gift from Glint or just fell on your character's head, it will be customizaed for economic reasons. I don't think we should read more into it. --Karlos 04:51, 28 October 2005 (EST)
- Well some guy in Ascalon City did say something about it wouldn't do to put a bunch of ill-fitted garbs on you or something, so that armor you wear must be made specifically for you. Besides, the economic reason isn't very consistent, when the inflation issue happens for weapons and runes anyways... Collector 20/20 Firestaff only needs 5 frigid hearts, collector is easy to reach, and can easily sell for 2~10k. The only reason it isn't more expensive IS because high level players can get it for peanuts, so there's not really a shortage of supply. Thus I find it more interesting to "read more into it" (-: -PanSola 05:31, 28 October 2005 (EST)
- Be my guest. --Karlos 07:57, 28 October 2005 (EST)