Depressed. Yaaaay, more PvP domination over my beloved PvE world. Now I need favor to use the res shrine. Zzzzz. --Karlos 22:56, 23 March 2006 (CST)
- I think you overdramatize it. You won't need favor to use teh rez shrine (cuz you can bribe the guards). You just need favor to use the merchant and traders. d-: -SolaPan 22:58, 23 March 2006 (CST)
- killing guards.. hmm :D — Skuld 23:12, 23 March 2006 (CST)
- The competetive missions are not actually PvP in the strict sense, though. You get no benefit from killing the other team. It's "competitive PvE". About the most it will do is introduce a real metagame distinct from "what's good for farming?" to PvE. How can that be a bad thing? — Stabber 23:30, 23 March 2006 (CST)
- Path 1: Competitve Missions-->Faction with Luxon-->Alliance Faction-->Territory Grab-->Large scale GvG.
- Path 2: Competitve Missions-->Faction with Luxon-->Spend on your self-->Like Faction with Balthazar.
- Zzzzzz. --Karlos 23:36, 23 March 2006 (CST)
- From the patch notes (note the thing about special materials), it sounds more like Path 2: Comptetitive Missions-->Faction with Luxon-->Spend on yourself-->Get the Factions equivalent of Fissure armor. And, honestly, I think this *is* better than two-man farming the same areas all day.
- Maybe I'm being optimistic here, too, but it just sounds like the res shrine thing just means that you'll respawn on the other side of the map if you haven't activated a shrine. This isn't very different from just dying 10 feet short of a shrine's range and being warped back to one you visited half an hour ago. --130.58 05:04, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- Depressed that other people get content they like? I mean, there's still an entire PvE storyline coming, as I understand it. Why the hate? (OK, maybe not hate.) Maybe Competitive missions aren't for you, but so what? Pretty much every game has content that only some people like, which is fine and well so there's something for each person. --JoDiamonds 04:01, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- I know your character during the Factions preview weekend is reset, but what of the items they collect? They state that you can use Faction Points to get new items, Amber and Jadeite, for special armor. If it takes 200 of these to get a new armor piece and the armor you collect get reset, whats the point of even trying to coolect these new additions during the Preview? --Gares Redstorm 04:52, 24 March 2006 (CST)
rune drops[edit source]
This update seems to have messed up rune drops. Today I've seen blue armors having major runes, purple armors having superior, and gold armors having nothing. Anyone else noticing this? Dinosaur Planet 03:22, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- Gold armors having nothing? What do they show when you ID them? I don't like when "fake" gold armors ID'd into major runes, but thats better than IDing into nothing. --Gares Redstorm 03:31, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- Yeah, lots of people in my guild have also noticed that blues and purples are now unlocking sup. runes, etc. I smell a rollback. — Stabber 03:47, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- How long has this been going on?
- If there is a rollback that goes like 3-4 hours or more back, ANet will have their hands full with hate mail. The 1 hour rollback caused a boatload of people to go nuts. --Gares Redstorm 04:52, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- This wouldn't justify a rollback; it's a minor issue. There was another update just now, which I assume will fix this. --Dinosaur Planet 05:14, 24 March 2006 (CST)
I heard about someone getting a gold tengu armour and salvaging a steel ingot — Skuld 15:51, 24 March 2006 (CST)
Oh, I added this to the undocumented changes section, but I should've read here first. I've now removed it until this is confirmed: *Magic ("blue") armor can now get minor and major runes, purple armor can get major and superior runes, and rare ("gold") armor can get superior runes. I got this from the GWOnline boards and others acknowledged it. But if it's just a messed up thing that goes beyond this and possibly fixed, I guess I'll keep it out of the notes until confirmed that it was a bug and fixed. -- 184.108.40.206 22:54, 24 March 2006 (CST)
Pet skills undocumented update[edit source]
Looks like more undocumented changes: GWG forum post with info about changes to ranger pet skills. I have to go to sleep now, but I wanted to mention this since I just ran across it. --Rainith 14:22, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- Meh, they really should have made a note in the updates if those are true, gah! Though I doubt that just buffing the skills effect will improve pets, the real problem will always be the AI and the horrible ways we have to control our pets. Evan The Cursed (Talk) 03:22, 26 March 2006 (CST)
Second, undocumented update[edit source]
- Yes, more importantly. What proof do we have of this? --Karlos 20:58, 24 March 2006 (CST)