GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Section 0[edit source]
So, what do we do if ANet doesn't eventually list any notes for today? We can see the changes to the character selection screen. This won't have been the first silent patch (if it ends up being one), but it might be the first one we can point at and say "this changed." --220.127.116.11 14:29, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
normally we mirror guildwars updates and include anything else we find as guildwiki notes. that proceedure would sugguest this article would be blank above guildwiki notes. --Honorable Sarah 14:35, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
Well, just because GW didn't say it happened, it did. The character selection screen proves that this is a very real update, albiet silent. --StealthTroop 14:39, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Could be just pre-streaming stuff for the Nightfall preview event later this week. I remember they did updates (with nothing you could see change in the game) when they were doing the FPE and someone from Anet said something along the lines of "we're pre-streaming the maps in". Or my guess is that they are undoing the "double your points" pvp event. --Vortexsam 14:47, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- this has tangable changes. --Honorable Sarah 14:55, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
skuld seems to have been overriden by popular sentiment. wish i have the old formatted text so i could put it back up.... --Honorable Sarah 16:41, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- If no changes are documented on GuildWars.com, but there are observable changes as a result of the update, then it's reasonable to include this update article to document those observed changes, as long as it's clearly labelled as GuildWiki notes. It provides a service to the community, and I believe even has a precedent from several months ago (I would need to search to verify, but I seem to recall similar once before). --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 16:49, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
Skill Animation[edit source]
- I'm pretty sure it's been there before. --Dirigible 19:42, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
Speculation moved from article to talk page[edit source]
- It is thought (though not confirmed) that these changes are a prelude to the additional character slots offered for purchase, as mentioned in the April 20, 2006 news item on the Guild Wars website. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by ImbrilShadowfire (talk • contribs) 17:46, July 24, 2006 (CDT).
- Definately should be here in the talk. And remember they said "this summer" for the character slots, while they could be here anytime now, they also said "summer" for Sorrow's Furnace, and thay was mid-September, just before the official end of summer (and long after many people consider the end of summer). --Rainith 23:37, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
Those arrows are so annoying - it almost seems they should have some use, but they dont... (talk) 19:38, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- I totally agree, that's a really silly interface non-addition. I'm sure it'll be changed. -- Bishop [rap|con] 19:41, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- They have no use right now, but I think they will come Nightfall. Assuming they keep the same sort of selection mechanism, there is going to need to be a way to scroll through characters. They already take up all the screen, and with the addition of two more slots obviously something will have to be done. More importantly, even before the release of Nightfall there's the preview event coming up. I assume they're going to add slots for us to use at that point. Unless they mean for us to delete a couple of our current characters to make a temp character. ;) --Kwisatz 21:00, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Tell me about it :/ Previously we had random sorting, now we can choose a method, but why can't they give us manual sorting? Why? — Poki#3 01:06, 25 July 2006 (CDT)
- I completely agree with all these comments. A manual sort would be so much better. Tbh, sorting into alphabetical and PvP/RP is such a stupid sort anyway for my account, because all the sorts arrange my characters in exactly the same order! Of course that's just coincidental, but my point being there should be a manual sort if there was going to be one. Or how about a sort for GW/GWF/GWN/PvP campaigns (sorted by whichever campaign a character was created in and PvP separate)?
- --=¦¦|| Saintly ||¦¦=-- 04:02, 26 July 2006 (CDT)
- I think I have an idea what the arrows are for. Remember how Anet told us that you would be able to buy slots this summer? Look at the page now. There's almost no space for the extra slots if you don't want to cover the character or shrink them down, and even then there would be a limit. I think the arrows will move you to the next "page" of character slots, or indicate that you have a page by highlighting the arrows providing a virtually limitless amount of space for Char slots. — Poki#3 05:25, 26 July 2006 (CDT)
Another Update[edit source]
Another update, rather large, and I had to decompress stuff when logging in - any ideas? --Sami 00:28, 25 July 2006 (CDT)
- Probably prepping stuff for the weekend's Nightfall PvP event. --Rainith 00:32, 25 July 2006 (CDT)
Pet Boost[edit source]
- I am sure they will tell us when the pet DP/boost comes to PvE. And please put your signature on the same line as your comment. :) -- (talk) 04:45, 26 July 2006 (CDT)