GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
IRC chat about impending update[edit source]
<dr_ishmael> Wartower.de interviews John Stumme about dervish and Embark Beach updates
<dr_ishmael> travel between Embark Beach and all mission outposts is facilitated by NPC dialogue trees
<dr_ishmael> those in EB are congregated by continent
<dr_ishmael> EB also includes all merchants/traders
<dr_ishmael> surprise feature (that i hadn't seen mentioned anywhere else): Minion UI panel
<dr_ishmael> 7 heroes allows custom builds for all 7, but no changes to the flag controls
<dr_ishmael> no separate flags for heroes 4-8
<dr_ishmael> new microtransaction item: Mercenary Heroes
<dr_ishmael> turn any character (that meets some unspecified requirements) into a Hero that other characters on your account can use
<oneshot> oh wow
<dr_ishmael> big Pre-Searing changes - new series of 9 daily quests given by Lieutenant Langmar
<dr_ishmael> difficulty and rewards scale based on level of party leader
<dr_ishmael> intention is to make LDoA a more friendly title to more players - still require a time investment, but no need for 8 hours of AFK death leveling
<dr_ishmael> ...ad nauseam for 3 months
<dr_ishmael> which means...
<dr_ishmael> ...you can now get LDoA and Survivor on the same character
<dr_ishmael> also, Kimmes the Historian will be added to Pre-Searing so you can add titles from your perma-Pre characters to your HoM
<oneshot> I can see a lot of LDoAs being annoyed about that. ^_^
<mendel> well I can see my level 13 pre character finally getting LDoA
<mendel> there was no point before
<oneshot> me too!
<oneshot> my lvl0 character will have awesome title.
<dr_ishmael> Winds of Change is next, of course, and "something" is coming in April that will be "amazing"
<dr_ishmael> they also want to tell the story of the Foefire through a game event, but there's the complication that "everyone that experiences it gets turned into a ghost"
<dr_ishmael> and they don't want to "get into the complication of 'a magical artifact protects the player character from the effect'" and stuff like that
<mendel> well, the "it's all a dream" out woudl work?
<mendel> how did they do the historical Varesh Ossa etc. episodes from the bonus pack?
<dr_ishmael> that's exactly what i was thinking
<dr_ishmael> or the Keiran quests in HotN
<oneshot> mysterious man appears in kama/kaineng/la and asks if you want to experience the future.
<mendel> * Turai Ossa
<dr_ishmael> BMP = you're reading a book, Keiran = watching through the Scrying Pool
<oneshot> ish, does he say if merc heroes can be pvp characters
<dr_ishmael> he said any character
<dr_ishmael> didn't specify PvE/PvP
<oneshot> oh, cool
<dr_ishmael> only that it has to be L20
- Embark Beach - travel to all mission outposts via NPC dialogue. Travel from outposts back to EB through a Zaishen Scout.
- 7 Heroes - can customize build for all 7, but flag controls remain the same
- Mercenary heroes - microtransaction, takes a snapshot of one of your characters (level 20) and other characters on your account can use them as a hero.
- Minion control panel - a party panel for minions.
- Pre-Searing - New set of daily quests (9) that scale in difficulty and reward based on party leader's level. Can now earn Legendary Defender of Ascalon and Survivor on the same character. (cue the QQ)
—Dr Ishmael 19:17, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Survivor+drunkard changes[edit source]
Queue up the butthurt shitstorm in 3... 2... *puts on safety goggles* 1... --El_Nazgir 22:51, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- Add a 4th rank to Survivor for those that reached it with 0 deaths - True Legendary Survivor. Or have it branch into two separate ranks, both of which are considered "max" by the HoM/KOABD. Just my $.02 LiveFyre 22:21, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
"Added the skills vendor Halbrik to Ascalon City."[edit source]
Now that's an interesting decision... Full-fledged MM in pre-searing GO! --Vipermagi 22:52, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- apparently, this and langmar's quests can only be taken from lvl 10 and on. If what people at pre are saying is correct. --El_Nazgir 23:13, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- He only offers skills you can learn in pre-searing, so no. Cress Arvein 21:45, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
- Oh. Then who cares, why add him? You can get nearly all skills within ten minutes if you just walk up to the quest givers... --Vipermagi 21:51, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
- Previously, there were 1 or 2 skills that you couldn't get for your secondary profession because they were only given as part of the very first quest for that prof. Halbrik allows you to get all the skills for your secondary now. (Admittedly, that probably doesn't make a big difference in most cases.) —Dr Ishmael 22:07, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
Un-noted change[edit source]
pre-searing quests no longer give skills up front. So far only tried out 1 quest (first one for primary ranger char), will be able to say if it's with all quests. --El_Nazgir 23:09, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Erm, am I the only one running into this issue? My minimap keeps resetting to default UI placement and window size every time I close the game, since the Embark patch. o.O LiveFyre 21:16, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
- Are you using KSmod?--Łô√ë îğá†ħŕášħ 21:23, 4 March 2011 (UTC)