GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Talk:Glyph of Renewal
Anyone know what the interaction between Glyph of Renewal is with these skills (not if they are affecting Glyph of Renewal itself, of course, but rather the follow-up spell Glyph of Renewal would normally affect).
(maybe other skills like this too).
I asume one of the following happens:
- Glyph of Renewal loses: Glyph of Renewal is ignored (seems very unlikely)
- Tie ("both" win): The normal recharge time is ignored, but the "added" time from Diversion et al. is still added.
- Glyph of Renewal wins: The skill that would add recharge time is ignored, and the spell recharges instantly.
Anyone know? --JoDiamonds 12:51, 5 March 2006 (CST)
- Just tested versus diversion and distracting shot. In the former case, renewal "wins" and in the latter case distracting "wins." --22.214.171.124 13:10, 5 March 2006 (CST)
That's kinda obvious because you finish the spell with diversion and with dis shot you don't. Recharge is applicated only after the spell is finished, not when it's cast. This, for example, allows people to cancel cast with GoLE. Shoogi 20:28, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
It's very peciliar glyph of renewal... Spells whitch add on recharge time. Renewal will override and negate it's effect (spell takes XX more recharge time) however if it stipulates (Spell is disabled for XX time) then renewal looses. So Tease wouldn't effect it neither would diversion. ~ansi
Glyphs galore[edit source]
- A glyph always ends prematurely if the following skill isn't a spell. — Stabber 04:12, 20 March 2006 (CST)
- Actually, it doesn't -- I just tested it using Mantra of Concentration, the glyph stays active. However, one glyph does indeed overwrite the other, so only one can be active at a time. Just as the description says in the article Glyph, which I could have read if I had half a brain. -- Bishop [rap|con] 04:30, 20 March 2006 (CST)
This doesn't work with Resurrection Signet and such, does it?
- No. Not Signet of Capture either. Only works on spells. Doesn't work for Celestial spells either. 126.96.36.199 19:07, 13 January 2007 (CST)
I added the note back in. If someone wants it removed it can be discussed here.--Coloneh RIP 03:06, 15 July 2007 (CDT)
- Apparently, as usual, Skuld doesn't feel the need to discuss changes, making absolutely certain he also breaks GW:1RV in the process --Gimmethegepgun 03:10, 17 July 2007 (CDT)
- /agree Silver Sunlight 03:45, 15 July 2007 (CDT)