GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Without starting a big fuss, except for the fact that Light Damage deals double to undead, how is it like Holy Damage? (We could point out ways that it's not like physical damage, or not like elemental damage, but is the line "Light Damage is similar to Holy damage." actually relevant, considering it's immediately followed up by the line about undead?) --JoDiamonds 05:04, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- Well as far as I know, that's pretty much what makes damage damage. How much it does to certain creatures, and whether or not it ignores armor. That's two things. Light damage is at the very least half of what holy damage is. Plus, they sound similar - akin to shadow and dark damage. "Light" and "holy". Evan The Cursed (Talk) 05:18, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- I hope the question's answered satisfactorily now. 184.108.40.206 02:49, 9 May 2006 (CDT)
The Stormray, wand changes[edit source]
The reason the Stormray gets special mention while the other unique items don't is because the Stormray is the only weapon requiring Divine Favor that deals Light damage - all others deal Fire damage. Healing and Protective Rods in Nightfall have different requirements (Healing Prayers and Protective Prayers, respectively) and deal Light damage now as well. - Savio 03:52, 17 November 2006 (CST)
- We should mention that Healing and Protective Rods in Tyria and Cantha deal fire damage. I'll add that. -- 04:30, 17 November 2006 (CST)
Do Any Creatures Cause Light Damage?[edit source]
Is the vunnerability to light damage primarily a PvP concern or not? Incarnadine 11:46, 26 November 2006 (CST)
- If you are using one of the necromancer armors that are weak to light damage, yes. A monk wanding you for 20 more damage than usual will hurt.
Light damage gone[edit source]
Does this mean we should merge this with Holy damage? And that skills that dealt Holy damage were only armor ignoring because the skill made them so, not because of any special property of Holy damage? --Macros 18:12, 25 May 2007 (CDT)
- Has Tormentor's Insignia been changed to reflect this? Previously it said increased Light damage... --Kale Ironfist 19:43, 25 May 2007 (CDT)
- Yup, just checked the Rune Trader, it now says Holy damage. --Macros 19:52, 25 May 2007 (CDT)
- this becomes legacy, and holy gets modded. done. --Honorable Sarah 00:30, 26 May 2007 (CDT)
- Just changed all reference to Light damage to Holy damage. Took quite a bit longer than I expected :/ --Gimmethegepgun 10:42, 9 August 2007 (CDT)