GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Talk:Main Page/Latest update
This template has one purpose, and one purpose only: To allow the regular user to update the latest update listed on the Main Page (to be decided!) without actually editing the Main Page (which is protected). The fact that the date is embeded into a template should make it somewhat harder for vandals and spambots to find it and screw it up. Game updates are usually handeled by experienced users and admins. Those shouldn't have a problem. --Tetris L 04:58, 11 May 2006 (CDT)
- Maybe I should explain my intention behind "latest update" some more. I added it to Main Page/editcopy because I visit the Main Page about 32.743 times a day. I'd find it nice if there was a little heads-up right on the main page for new updates being released, without having to check Game updates. So far, I usually learn about new updates via the GWG forums or in-game, when I see an EXE download. I'd rather learn from GuildWiki. --Tetris L 05:10, 11 May 2006 (CDT)
- As I said, Game updates are usually handeled by experienced users. Those don't need instructions. ;)
- Or, if we really want to give instructions for wiki newbs, we should add them to game updates, not the Main Page. Something along the lines of: "If you add a new update here, please also update Template:Latest update." --Tetris L 05:32, 11 May 2006 (CDT)
- I removed this from the main page as I doubt anyone will keep up with it (remember adding the build number to the updates page). All it would end up with is making the main page look out of date. --Rainith 12:29, 11 May 2006 (CDT)
- Okay. Task abandoned. --Tetris L 02:03, 19 May 2006 (CDT)