Talk:Polymock: Defeat Master Hoff
Plz i need help how do i get this quest!!!!!
- This quest became available after completing "Defeat Dune Teardrinker." Hoff gave me that quest after I completed "The Knowledgable Asura."
- Wrong, I updated the article. — Perfectsam 19:25, 8 September 2007 (CDT)
Hoff uses a polymock piece called Statue as well. Also a Titan Polymock Piece, and he just added a Wind RiderTrixor
- Hoff uses every single Polymock piece in existence, I think. Many of them have never been seen before, and probably aren't available to players anyways. (T/C) 03:00, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
This guy is SOO easy.. i saw in here u needed the aloe, earth elemental and kappa.. and just beat him in 1 time.. not that hard. just block the hard attacks. and the soft ones dont dmg that much. and make sure your own big dmg skills don't get blocked/interrupted 22.214.171.124 14:21, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- This is a bit misleading. He's easy if you get someone with hexes when you have your aloe out, but if not you've just played a substantially sub-par piece. Given you don't know what he's going to play the aloe isn't a particularly good choice.
I found this hard because of 2 things. The first is that, unlike the other Polymock opponents, Hoff uses more than just 3 pieces, which makes it extremely hard to find a good combo. The second thing is that he doesn't use his pieces in any particular order, so if you are trying to counter a certain piece, he may pick a different one instead. I haven't beaten Hoff yet, but I'm just going to rely on luck for this one.
one strategy[edit source]
Keep trying until you get the Charr Homelands map with the Mantis, Gaki, and the Dolyak Rider pieces in play. Open with the Aloe Seed against the Mantis, which is a hexing mesmer. Follow with you best damage dealers, like Fire Elemental and Fire Imp. Protect your good spells, as you will face a lot of interrupts, and as usual, use your blocking wisely. RoseOfKali 22:30, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
I was fighting Hoff and on my final piece, a Ruby Djinn. I started with the normal 40 energy, but when I hit 30, the game considered me out of energy. I would cast down to 30, then use Ether Signet to get back to 40, then repeat. Still ALMOST won... User:Parson Brown 06:33, August 28, 2008 (UTC)
- I also came across this issue, although for me it happened when I was up against the Bone Dragon and I was using the Fire Elemental. --Denali 04:06, October 12, 2009 (UTC)