GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Mar 2 update[edit source]
So, now, PS + Choking Gas + Flurry = most annoying ranger build ever? Off to the RA to test it out. — Stabber 18:55, 3 March 2006 (CST)
- Wow, RA is overflowing with PS+CG rangers already. — Stabber 19:11, 3 March 2006 (CST)
- So, did it work, or was it just a novel idea? :) --Bishop 20:04, 3 March 2006 (CST)
- It works wonderfully. Choking Gas is now indefinitely maintainable, instead of being merely nearly indefinitely maintainable. There is still the 2 second recasting window for CG, not to mention the usual anti-ranger stuff (Ineptitude, SS, etc.). — Stabber 02:18, 4 March 2006 (CST)
- Also, assuming a hsortbow + flurry, attacks come about once every 1.33 sec or so. It's easy to slip 1 sec casts through... --Theonemephisto 08:57, 30 July 2006 (CDT)
- Thats why ever PS/CG build has savage and distracting — Skuld 08:59, 30 July 2006 (CDT)
Flurry can't work with Practiced STANCE because it is a stance itself. --SigmA 14:56, 19 February 2007 (CST)
- Think about it a little more. You only need practiced stance up when you activate choking gas. --Fyren 17:46, 19 February 2007 (CST)
There had been a discussion in the Talk:Barrage thread about how Barrage removes preparations AND GLYPHS. People were wondering whether glyphs were treated like preparations by Practiced Stance. Has anyone experimented with this? --Charlotte Dod 12:25, 23 February 2007 (EST)
- They're not. --Fyren 13:05, 23 February 2007 (CST)
Glyphs are preparations for spells, but are not preparations in the rangers' sense. This is why Barrage removes them, yet not affected by Practiced Stance (although I haven't actually tested to see if this "preparation" mechanic carries through to this skill with glyphs).
- No, its a bug. Barrage should not remove glyphs. — Skuld 18:21, 13 May 2007 (CDT)
I Disagree[edit source]
I disagree with you guys. I think the best way to use this build is to use Practiced + Choking Gas and some high damage skills (unlike flurry). Then when they get to 50% just Needling Shot the shit out of them. What are they going to do? Being hit every second, it's almost impossible to cast anything.
- Nowadays, you just take Flail and have both IAS and damage. 188.8.131.52 07:44, 30 November 2008 (UTC)