GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
I'd like some comparison of a PvP character and a PvE character that's fought all the way through the campaign. Are they equal? Are there items or skills available to the PvE'er that cannot be unlocked or bought with Faction? Has it always been like this?
- As far as using a full PvE character in PvP coompared with a PvP character, the only real difference is that PvP characters can't use 15k or Fissure armor. There are a few PvE items that are different than anything you can select from the PvP character, but PvP characters can also use PvE items. I don't know if this really needs to go on the article page, but that's just my opinion. --Falcon213 21:30, 4 April 2006 (CDT)
- The main advantage for a PvP char is that it's very easy to optimize the equipment for it. How often can you switch between radically different builds for a PvE char without spending lots of money and devoting much inventory space? If someone asks you for a certain build, you can just make it there on the spot within 5 minutes by rolling a PvP char.
I removed the title note because... it's pretty much irrelevant and besides the cartographer note, obvious. --Fyren 16:27, 16 January 2007 (CST)
Skill Points[edit source]
What happens when a PvP character earns a skill point? I've never kept a PvP character long enough to find out.--Devils Apprentice 08:45, 27 January 2007 (CST)
Oops didn't see the part about skill points sorry--Devils Apprentice 08:48, 27 January 2007 (CST)
Can't someone in a Guild go to their Guild Hall and use the skill trainer there to learn a skill with skill points (it would also have to require gold from other characters on the account)?
- The guild hall trainer only offers skills you've unlocked. PvP characters have all of your account's unlocked skills. --Fyren 20:28, 21 February 2007 (CST)
Is there anyway for a PVP character to have a different head armor effect (Attribute +1 (Stacking) then the armor art? You know, like a PvP Dunewalker Hood with +1 Scythe Mastery instead of Earth Prayers
- Yes, if you use the red items. However, most see this as a waste of time because they're lost when you reroll.22.214.171.124 13:09, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
Why not Nightfall?[edit source]
Why can PvP Characters (except Paragon and Derv, obviously) not use NIghtfall armor sets?! 126.96.36.199 20:39, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- Lazy programmers, probably.-- 20:40, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- Well, someone's got to have a talk to them then! 188.8.131.52 20:46, 11 March 2008 (UTC)