this page was added on 29 july, '06, due to the fact that although these creatures are involved in the game a great deal, until now they have had to share a page with their oppressors. -- Aptaleon Griefhaven, 00:18, twent... oh i already gave the date.
I am filing them under "giants" because they use the skill "giant stomp" and because we are talking about the creature here, not the beastmaster / Giant herder riding it. The Skill should stay with the dwarf's page, though, and not here, to stop confusion of readers.
- Do these creatures exist in game with this name? Without summit riding them? — Skuld 01:34, 30 July 2006 (CDT)
- Not as far as I know. This looks more like fan fiction than game data to me. --Rainith 01:55, 30 July 2006 (CDT)
They aren't in game without summit riding them, but surely they deserve a page. they're creatures just as much as dolyaks are. -- Aptaleon Griefhaven, 11:29, 30 july
- Yes, but the dolyaks are mentioned by name and are shown w/o anything riding them (check out Yak's Bend). The wiki is not a place to make up histories about creatures. --Rainith 05:31, 30 July 2006 (CDT)
they sure as h*ll deserve a page though, come on. u can't just pretend they don't exist or something. we all know dolyaks exist, because they are named, even tho the only selectable units seen are not under the name "dolyak". It's clearly not the riders that have resistance to KD and can use stomp, it's these giants. --User:Aptaleon Griefhaven
oh and they is named by artemis the ranger in traveler's vale --User:Aptaleon Griefhaven
- After reviewing the comment about Artemis the Ranger, she does mention in pretty good detail Snow Beasts in the dialogue for the quest Stone Summit Beastmasters.
- The Stone Summit go so far as to capture and bind the massive snow beasts of the Shiverpeaks to their will. Starved and enraged into feral madness, these creatures carry the Dwarves into battle.
- This passage alone does not warrant any make-believe or continued deletion of the article. For this reason I will restore the article and place it under Category:Ambient Animals. -Gares 17:11, 30 August 2006 (CDT)
that's pretty perfect actually... why did i not think of that 0-0 well, i'm a fool --User:Aptaleon Griefhaven
Not that I care, but shouldn't the page name be Snow beast? :> --[riVen] 01:45, 25 March 2007 (CDT)
I've removed the Ambient tag, as ambient is a name we use for animals that actually appear in the game. "Snow beasts" do not appear in the game, only when mounted. —[Adul] 16:25, 25 November 2007 (UTC)