GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Snowman Malfunction?[edit source]
Usually the summoned snowman pops out of the ground, but most recently I have seen quite a few snowmen plummeting out of the sky at top speed and smashing on the ground at a characters location (you also hear a whistling sound like of an incoming projectile). I have never experienced this with one of my characters, so I am not sure whether this possibly is some random scripted event or whether it actually has to do with the snowman summoner (like a certain % chance of failure). Can anyone confirm on htis? --Eightyfour-onesevenfive 06:36, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
- Are you in a district where Grenth won? Because thats the only place I saw that happening. Right after he won he would start killing people and snowmen would drop from the sky landing on them. | Chuiu 13:34, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
- The falling snowmen thing has been happening for a while now, not just for the Wintersday festival. But I've always seen it happen around characters, never in an empty spot. Which would seem to me that it's related to the snowman summoners. --Nkuvu 13:39, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
Shouldn't we have a pic of what the snowman looks like? Not just the iventory icon? I'm sure I have one or two pics of those around in ascalon. -Auron 17:24, 21 June 2006 (CDT)
Practical usage?[edit source]
- It doesn't --Curse You 04:13, 24 December 2006 (CST)
I recieved this item from the Dungeon-end chest from the "Secret Lair of the Snowmen"
- Every single time ... --C0c0c0 21:13, 23 September 2007 (CDT)
chance of success?[edit source]
Does anyone know what the chance of a succesful snowman is while summoning it? I've had 5 of which 4 failed. What a crap item. Since when are snowmen in general associated with the north pole by the way? Having them face north is a nice gimmick but has nothing to do with them being associated with the north pole. PuppetX 11:06, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- Ignoring the fact that this is a year old, out of 100 snowman summoners, 77 were normal, 23 were from the sky. So I bet the chance is 1/5 or 1/4 for falling from the sky. N Segick 20:00, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
or it could have been lazy programmers accepting zero as the value for whatever variable tracks direction. --Honorable Sarah 04:49, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
I got one in mid july[edit source]
Seriously, i got one in the flame keeper corridor on the 19 of july.