GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
Form a team and fight against a randomly selected opponent. Two teams of four fight it out gladiator style.
- Organized teams of 4 picked in the outpost
- Random teams of 4 that arrived in TA by winning 10 consecutive matches in Random Arenas
Team Arenas matches consisted of battles between two teams. The match happened in one of fourteen randomly chosen maps: the thirteen that are also available in Random Arenas, plus the Deldrimor Arena. Most Team Arenas maps have a simple goal: eliminate the opposing team, known as Annihilation. Two maps are somewhat different: The Crag has Kill count, which is to score the most kills in 3 minutes, and Deldrimor Arena has Priest Annihilation, which is the same as regular Annihilation except there is also an NPC priest on each team resurrecting dead allies.
The Team Arenas were previously located near Droknar's Forge, and did not include Heroes' Crypt or Ascalon Arena in their map selection. The arena was moved to The Battle Isles and given the two additional arenas as part of the January 19, 2006 game update.
Location[edit | edit source]
Getting There[edit | edit source]
Any account that existed before the January 19, 2006 game update already has Team Arenas unlocked. Otherwise, to unlock Heroes' Ascent for your account, you need 5 wins in Team Arenas with one of your characters. (The wins do not have to be consecutive).
- Map travel to The Battle Isles (Great Temple of Balthazar) from Tyria, Cantha, or Elona.
- Enter the Random Arenas by talking to the Canthan Ferry Captain on the Isle of the Nameless
- Fight in the Random Arenas and win 5 consecutive matches. This will "unlock" the Team Arenas for all characters of the same account.
- Once unlocked this way, you can map travel to the Team Arenas at any time.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Exits[edit | edit source]
Competitive Mission[edit | edit source]
Team Setup[edit | edit source]
The following applies to this arena:
- Match types: Annihilation, Kill count
- Minimum Level: 20
- Team size: 4
- Teams: Randomly chosen, Formed groups, Combination
Maps[edit | edit source]
Battles take place in any of the following arenas:
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The following Balthazar Faction rewards were given in the Team Arenas: