GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
The Blade's Essence
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Defeat the Paranoia Ettin.
- Retrieve the shimmering essence.
- Return the simmering essence to Saerin for a reward.
- "Hail, <name>. Our scouts have continued exploring the Bloodstone Caves since you and Gadd reached the Bloodstone. They've reported some pretty odd ettin behavior. The brutes are harvesting a strange shimmering essence, perhaps to restore the dungeon's defenses. We're not really sure. One thing is certain, though, if that essence is tied to the Bloodstone, then it contains power. Perhaps we could enchant our blades with it...
- We don't have the numbers to deal with the beasts, so I ask this of you: bring the essence to me. Destroy anything that gets in your way. Will you do this?"
- Accept: "Time is of the essence."
- Reject: "Gather your own perfume."
- When asked about quest: "There is an ettin harvesting shimmering essence within the Bloodstone Caves. Don't delay!"
- "Interesting. Yes, we can definitely use this. Our problems may outnumber our blades, but if our swords are the sharpest... let's just say our solutions will come quickly. I'm looking forward to "mediating" a few disputes myself. The Shining Blade thanks you, <name>. This will be put to good use."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The Paranoia Ettin can be found on the first level of the Bloodstone Caves dungeon. Once inside head south-east.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first of three linked quests inside the Bloodstone Caves, see also The Arrow's Point and Crystal Method, once the dungeon is completed, only the last quest is offered / required to gain an entry in your Master Dungeon Guide.
- Do not use the Inscription Stone outside in Sparkfly Swamp to get in - that will trigger the normal quest. Instead, walk through the closed door and into the portal. If you don't see Forge Masters as soon as you get in, you did it wrong.