The Charr Patrol
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Hunt down and destroy the Charr Patrol.
- Return to Master Ranger Nente for your reward.
- "Several days ago, a Charr patrol broke through the breach created by Duke Barradin's Vanguard. They have been stalking innocent people behind the Wall. Their depredations must not be allowed to continue. I go now to hunt these fiends; it would be my honor if you would accompany me. What say you?"
- Accept: "Let the hunt begin."
- Reject: "More pressing tasks await me."
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Master Ranger Nente: "The tracks lead off in this direction." (repeated whenever the party fall behind from Master Ranger Nente)
- "This particular group of Charr will threaten us no more. However, I fear that more of them might be heading this way; this group has the look of scouts. We need to discover the base camp where they are staging these assaults, and destroy it."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Nente will lead you to the south, along several points, until you meet a group of five or so Charr Stalkers. There are quite a few gargoyles in the area, too, who are as hostile to you as they are to the Charr.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Master Ranger Nente has to survive to complete the quest. If you bring him with you and he dies, you will have to repeat the quest.
- Also rezoning resets the quest completion, requiring you to start again.
- It is possible to run straight to the Charr Stalkers and defeat them, or aggro the gargoyles located North and West of the group to help you defeat them.
- If you leave Master Ranger Nente behind (which is a good strategy to help him survive), the green exclaimation mark will not appear above Master Ranger Nente after you defeat the Charr Stalkers; however, the quest reward is still available if you talk to him after leading him to the final quest marker.