The Egg Hunter
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Escort Fadden Hathorn into the Devourer cave and keep him safe while he gathers eggs.
- Escort Fadden Hathorn back to Duke Gaban.
- Return to Duke Gaban for your reward.
- "You there! You look like a sturdy <primary profession>. I've tasked my man Fadden here with retrieving devourer eggs for me from the cave over yonder. However, he appears unmanned by the devourers, afraid of being eaten or some rot like that. I need a brave soul to keep the devourers away from Fadden while he does the job for which he has been paid.
- What say you to that?"
- Accept: "I'll protect Fadden."
- Reject: "Why don't you do it yourself?"
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (repeats each time he approaches a nest)
- Fadden Hathorn: "Look, there's an egg!"
- Fadden Hathorn: "This will only take a moment. Wait for me, will you?"
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (repeats each time after collecting an egg)
- Fadden Hathorn: "Got it! Let's keep moving."
- "Well done. I'll give you a couple eggs for your trouble. I'm not usually so generous, but I happen to be in a jovial mood at the moment."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
To find the duke, travel south from the gate of Ascalon City until you hit the stream where the River Skales and River Skale Tads are walking around. Cross the stream and head south, on your map you will see a gray area. That is the Devourer Cave.
Inside the cave, there are three areas with eggs in them (hold down the "Alt" key to see them). Clear the monsters around each area then wait for Fadden to collect the eggs in it (he will tell you when he begins and when he is done), then move on to the next. The third and final area has a few devourers that are hidden and will pop from the ground to attack you. Luckily, Fadden is a smart NPC and will stay far behind. If you wish to avoid any chance of conflict, clear the cave beforehand.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Talking to the duke before going into the cave after accepting the quest, will give you an explanation why he needs the eggs.
- Consider doing The Poison Devourer quest at the same time.
- Hold on to your devourer eggs, as you can use them for the quests The Worm Problem and The Rogue's Replacement, but they have no further purpose.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are exactly 13 eggs in each nest.