GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
The Experimental Weaponsmith
Overview[edit | edit source]
- "Good to see you again, friend. You know, those samples you brought me have proven invaluable to my research. Once I started running tests on them, I found that they still contained the essence of the forest spirit who once protected these woods. This is fantastic news, for it means that we are one step closer to learning why the forest spirit has turned against us. Perhaps one day, we will again co-exist with this spirit.
- In the meantime, I believe I have figured out a way to tap the essence inside these samples. I need you to take some of this essence to Mastersmith Rutger in Ferndale. He's a former colleague of mine, who was called by the gods to follow another path.... Anyhow, I would be grateful if you would bring him this spirit essence. I am sure he shall find a way to put it to good use."
- Accept: "I'm happy to help."
- Reject: "I'm through running errands for you."
- When asked about quest: "Are you still looking for Mastersmith Rutger? He's in Ferndale, remember?"
- "This spirit essence is from Andrej, you say? So, his research was successful... at least in part. I used to be his assistant. Did you know that? Then the Luxons attacked... and my wife and children... I lost everything dear to me, that day. I couldn't eat or sleep for months. Finally, my House Redemptor came to talk to me. Helped me realize that the gods had a plan for me, and it was my duty to follow it, so... bah. Enough of my life story. Thank you for delivering this. Come back soon and I should be able to craft you some weapons imbued with this spirit essence."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Simply head south from House zu Heltzer till you reach Mastersmith Rutger, who is near the western edge of the map about halfway between House zu Heltzer and Saint Anjeka's Shrine. Watch out for a group of Oni that spawn as you approach Rutger. Hand him the spirit essence, and you are finished.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite what the Reward Dialogue says, Mastersmith Rutger will not craft weapons.