GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
The Prize Moa Bird
Overview[edit | edit source]
- "I'm at a loss. First those worms, and now someone has stolen my prize moa bird. To make matters worse, the tracks seem to indicate that whoever took her led off to the Catacombs! I don't have to tell you how dangerous it is down there.
- But wait, you're a strong <primary profession>. Would you be willing to find my poor bird and bring her back?"
- Accept: "I'll find your bird."
- Reject: "I have more important things to do."
- "My precious bird is dead? And part of some kind of ritual you say? Just my luck.... Well at least nothing worse can happen to me today. In any case, thank you for your trouble."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
There are several entrances into the Catacombs. If you start from Ashford Abbey, head down the path to the right until you go down some stairs into a big rectangular room with a few Restless Corpses in it. Go to the end of the room and take the second right into a cavern full of Deadly Crypt Spiders, keep heading down this path until you get to the hallway where Oberan the Reviled is. Right before Oberan's hallway, take a left and go straight down that path and up a flight of stairs. This should take you to the candleroom where Pitney's moa bird lays dead in the middle of the room and two Crypt Fiends are lurking. You can either fight the Crypt Fiends or run.
However you get there, once you have found the dead moa bird, return to Ashford Village and tell Pitney the sad news.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Consider doing this quest in conjunction with the Charr in the Catacombs quest, since that requires talking to Oberan who is very near where the body of the prize moa bird is located.
- The Long Sword you receive as a reward for this quest is the only other weapon currently in the game to share the Crystalline Sword skin, making it quite desirable for collectors, and sadly is at times used to try and scam unobservant buyers (always check items before accepting a trade).