|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Scar is an area in the east of the Crystal Desert. It appears to be named after the deep gorge that runs the length of it, like a scar in the dunes. The area includes five pairs of two-way teleporters: 1 set appears inactive, 1 set allows transport to a small plateau, and the remaining sets enable shortcuts within the area.
Exits[edit | edit source]
Towns and Outposts[edit | edit source]
Destiny's Gorge (northwest)
Thirsty River (southeast)
Explorable areas[edit | edit source]
- Skyward Reach (southwest)
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Losaru Centaurs: Inside the valley.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- Note: None of these bosses have elite skills
- Aguo Gruffmane (Losaru)
- Orshad Chieftain (Losaru), during The Warrior's Path quest.
- Caza Windedcalf
- Mina Brillianthaunch
- Zalo Soulhaunch
- Gret Waveringmane
- Doro Icehide (Losaru)
- Sheg Zamn Mada (Hydra)
- Chak Hack Schawack (Hydra)
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Immediately east of the portal leading from Skyward Reach there is a broken teleporter that lacks the the usual teleporter switches. Its similarly-defunct partner is located in an inaccessible sunken area surrounded by cliffs.
- The area boasts one of the game's most amazing views: from the peak of the hill (west of the Scar, due north of the inaccessible plateau), you can see west past the Mesa perhaps as far as Augury Rock.
- Vanquishers must defeat 237-275 foes in this area.
- Rarely, a group of pop-up devourers will spawn in the inaccessible valley (see the first note above). It is suggested that vanquishers avoid approaching too close to the rim of this valley to avoid having to restart the vanquish.
- Be careful if you start from Thirsty River not to go back into the portal to the mission if you die, since you respawn very close to the exit. It is advisable to enter the area from Destiny's Gorge anyway, since the most difficult section, with several tough Losaru groups crammed into one small area, is in the north of the map. They will be waiting for you right after you go through the northern-most teleporter. Or better still start from Crystal Overlook and travel through The Arid Sea in order to have an 8-person party.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The walls of the central ravine are glitched in a number of places where a player can walk through the wall to see the underside of the map.