GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Smell of Titan in the Morning
Overview[edit | edit source]
- "You there, <name>. Our scouts have sent word of a towering beast to the south, one that leaves naught but all-consuming flames in its wake. This can only be a Titan, which leaves us all to wonder... how long before it turns north? We cannot fight such a foe when our hands are already full of Charr. I would have you travel to Sacnoth Valley and slay this Titan. Go, before we're all extra crispy."
- Accept: "This is one eternal flame that's about to go out."
- Reject: "I think I'll leave the fire-walking to professionals."
Intermediate Dialogue (if Pyre Fierceshot is in your party)
- Pyre Fierceshot: "A false god stands before us. We shall see if it can stand against the harsh realities of my wrath!"
Intermediate Dialogue (if Gwen is in your party)
- Gwen: "Is this the last of the "gods" the Charr worship? We must destroy it! They deserve no deities."
- "You say the Titan is dispatched, but the fires still burn? Perhaps in time we can find a way to quench the flames, but I am too preoccupied with Charr now to worry about that. We will simply have to sacrifice the forest. Your victory over the Titan has assured our safety. For that we are grateful."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After taking the quest, head for Sacnoth Valley, the boss is located in the south-east corner of Sacnoth Valley, in the heart of the burning forest. There are many Flowstone Elementals and Burning Spirits roaming in the area, so consider bringing interrupts, Vow of Silence, Cautery Signet, Extinguish, Ward Against Harm, etc. to compensate. Also watch out for Borrguus Blisterbark and his patrol of Burning Spirits. Once the boss is dead, you can return for your reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Be sure to watch out for a patrol with Borrguus Blisterbark, he and his group can easily wipe out an unprepared party quickly.
- Consider bringing a Siege Devourer to make combat much easier.
- After the completion of this quest, the forest fire will continue burning.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The titan you must kill on this quest is the cause of the massive forest fire in the area that this quests takes place in.
- The quest name is a reference to a line used by Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (played by Robert Duvall) in the film Apocalypse Now: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."