Regions rarely have more than one town and some do not have any (e.g. Ring of Fire Islands). Towns tend to supply local color, such as NPCs who don't serve a specific game function but offer history, gossip, or trivia related to the area.
When the game specifies that something works while in town, it also works in outposts.
Typical town services[edit | edit source]
- Crafters and Vendors:
- Guild Emblemer
- Guild Registrar
- Skill trainer
- Xunlai Agent
- Xunlai Chest
- Quest-related NPCs
World map appearance[edit | edit source]
Towns are annotated on the World Map (default key "M") using different icons in different campaigns:
|Cantha||Elona||Realm of Torment|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometime the game/manual, and some players use town to mean any staging area (outpost, mission location, etc), although technically they are not the same.
- Some towns have road signs marking sections of the town where NPCs offering similar services gather together.
- Doomlore Shrine in Eye of the North is currently the only town without the full set of NPCs. Rather, it has an NPC setup similar to that of a mission outpost.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Port - a town with access to travel between continents
- Outpost - similar to a town, but with minimal services.
- Mission location - similar to a town, but with minimal services and ability to start a mission