GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Search for signs of suspicious activity.
- Protect the Kurzick Diplomats.
- See Guardsman Qao Lin for your reward.
- I don't even know what to make of this one, so maybe you'll have an idea. We've gotten word of some atypical movements for both the Ministry of Purity and the Jade Brotherhood. Some of their number have been seen moving, separately, into the Echovald Forest. Estimates put them near Amatz Basin, likely in Mourning Veil Falls.
- This could be important, and we can't spare anyone to send that far out.
- Accept: I'd better put a stop to this before it becomes something worse.
- Reject: This can only end in tears. For me.
- When asked about quest: There are suspicious movements from the Ministry of Purity and the Jade Brotherhood around Mourning Veil Falls. We need you to look into them.
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Initiate Shen Wojong: ... as I've said, your rivalry with the Luxons is petty and meaningless. You would tell me that you would lay down your lives for nothing, but you would not stand beside your empire when it needs you?
- Kurzick Diplomat: Petty and meaningless? We did not come into your home and tell you that your way of life is incorrect. And yet you would do this to us?
- Kurzick Diplomat: What did you hope to gain here, other than the ire of the Kurzick people?
- Koon Jizang: Have you considered that might be exactly what they're looking for? To draw you out here, insult you, and, when you defy them, label you their enemy.
- Koon Jizang: And I'm sure by now you've heard what happens to those they declare enemies?
- Initiate Shen Wojong: You invite these criminals to our meeting!? I knew your kind could not be trusted!
- Kurzick Diplomat: What? No! We want nothing to do with either of you!
- Koon Jizang: A pity. Well then, plan B. If my words could not convince the Kurzicks to join our side, perhaps your mangled corpses will!
- Kurzick Diplomat: Someone, please help us!
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Kurzick Diplomat: Thank you, friend. We are in your debt for what you have done this day. Still, I fear that this is only a single day.
- Kurzick Diplomat: More and more, people come into our lands, making demands of us. Can they not see why we wish to avoid their Empire? Perhaps insanity is only seen when looking in from the outside.
- By the ancestors... The Jade Brotherhood is trying to turn the Kurzicks against the Ministry of Purity? I doubt they'll get involved now. They remain as detached as they can concerning matters of the Empire. But if the Jade Brotherhood had been able to make it look like the Ministry was actively targeting them, they might have gotten involved, for good or ill. For now, I'm just glad that there's one less faction that we need to keep our eyes on. Once again, we find ourselves in your debt.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Map travel to Amatz Basin and head east and then north. You will see Kurzick Diplomats engaged in a conversation with Initiate Shen Wojong. Koon Jizang of the Jade Brotherhood appears and soon battle erupts. Defend the diplomats and defeat all the foes. While the diplomats are healers, stay close enough that you do not leave them alone (foes appear from three different sides). Skills that disrupt opponents are helpful, though the foes do not use AoE as extensively as before and will typically engage foes such as minions and spirits before targeting the diplomats.
Take care not to close in too much on the giant toadstools behind the Diplomats, or you may find your party affected by Stone Spores at a most inopportune time. If you stand a little before the Kurzicks, you should be out of reach of the mushroom clouds.