GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
I have been tracking and playing Guild Wars since day one and have been using Guildwiki for a guide as long as I could remember. I recently made a username and have recently submitted my own build. Feel free to check it out.(N/any Army of One) I'll update my userpage whenever I have time. Feel free to leave comments on my discussion page.
Giangn626 18:46, 20 November 2006 (CST)
Description[edit | edit source]
An Army Of One minion master uses Aura of the Lich and Dark Aura to reduce the sacrificing cost of maintaining minions and dealing a constant flow armor-ignoring damage. The Army of One minion master is a front line spammer that uses minions as a meat shield. This build is suited for PvE.
Attributes and skills[edit | edit source]
|Necromancer / Any||Attribute Rank|
|Death Magic||12 + 1 + 3|
|Soul Reaping||8 + 1|
|Blood Magic||10 + 1
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Scar Pattern Armor - For energy boost
- Minion Master's Armor - For armor boost
- Revenant's Armor - For health boost
- A +5 energy/20% enchanting weapon (Totem Axe or Rajazan's Fervor are ideal weapons)
- A Death Magic +1 and +30 Health Offhand
- Having a high max hp is very helpful in this build, so anything that increases max hp would help. (Runes, Armor)
Usage[edit | edit source]
1. Cast and maintain Aura of the Lich
2. Cast and maintain Dark Aura
3. Cast and maintain Blood Renewal
4. Spam Wallow's Bite and Blood of the Master to deal armor-ignoring damage
5. When an exploited corpse is available, use Animate Bone Horror (Minion Master should be next to minions in the front line)
6. Blood of the master is to be used to heal minions and deal damage with Dark Aura
7. Consume Corpse maybe be used for health and energy management
Counters[edit | edit source]
1. Heavy Degen
2. Enchantment Removal
3. Unavailability of exploited corpses
4. Heavy AoE damage on minions
Variants[edit | edit source]
1. Touch of Agony may be used in the optional slot or in place of Wallow's Bite
3. Other minions may replace Animate Bone Horror or be placed as a second minion in the optional slot. Vampiric Horrors may be used to heal the minion master.
4. Dark Bond would fit nicely into this build in the optional slot to reduce received damage.
6. Death Nova may be added for additional damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with any minion master build, death of the master will cause the minions to become master less and attack everything in sight. This build is very powerful if used correctly, but if used carelessly, will surely cause trouble to the team.
- Aura of the Lich halves the character's health, which halves the amount of health sacrificed. Since health sacrificed counts as damage, it is also halved. Therefore, the amount of health sacrificed = (Max Hp)/2x(Percentage of Health Sacrifice from skill description)/2.
- If used with Dark Bond, minions will only suffer half of the 75% damage redirected.
- With 5 pips of health regeneration, you gain 10 points of health per second.
- Use caution when going against the Afflicted. The Afflicted explosions will surely knock your character out, along with any other front line character. When going against Afflicted, either stay in the back while spamming Blood of the Master, or run away from the Afflicted as they die.