Difference between revisions of "User:Gordon Ecker"
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
Revision as of 03:23, 30 September 2007
|This user plays for the territory of North America.|
This user is primarily a PvE player.
|This user believes that a party comprised primarily of heroes, with human party members from any combination of unpopular professions, should be able to realistically complete any quest or mission.|
|This user believes that recruiting a Ritualist hero should be significantly easier than clearing out The Underworld and significantly cheaper than a piece of Obsidian armor. And ANet agrees :D.|
|File:"Killroy Stonekin".jpg||This user believes that the Great Dwarf and the Great Destroyer are sockpuppets.|
This user is an officer in 404 Error (XLIV).
|This user patrols Special:Newpages for vandalism.|
Fissure of Woe
- Army of Darkness
- Slaves of Menzies
- The Eternal Forgemaster
- The Hunt
Tower of Courage
- Bone Pits
- Chaos Plains
- Icy Wastes
- Spawning Pools
- Twin Serpent Mountains
- Kaineng City
- Echovald Forest
- Jade Sea
- Kaineng City
- Echovald Forest
Jade Sea Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event
|Campaign||Core||Prophecies||Factions||Nightfall||Eye of the North|
Green Item Collection
Skills I'd like to see
- Expertise-linked attacks that work with both bows and spears.
- Sanctify Enchantments: Enchantment Spell. The next time target ally would have one or more enchantments removed, the ally retains those enchantments and Sanctify Enchantments ends.
- Scourge Disenchantment: Hex Spell. For 30 seconds, each time hexed foe removes an Enchantment, that foe taxes X holy damage.
- Scourge Hexes: Hex Spell. For 30 seconds, each time hexed foe casts a Hex, that foe takes X holy damage.
- An elite Smiting Prayers equivalent of Healer's Boon or Attunements.
- Animate Immolated Horror. Creates a minion which has constant degeneration and inflicts burning whenever it hits.
- Animate Lernaean Horror. Like Animate Shambling Horror, except instead of spawning a level 0..12 Jagged Horror that causes bleeding, it spawns a level 0..12 Lesser Lernaean Horror which doesn't cause bleeding, but spawns a level 0..10 Bone Minion when it dies.
- Animate Venomous Horror / Fiend. Animates a minion that inflicts poison.
- Animate Volatile Horror / Minion / Minions. Like Unstable Roamers or Infested Terrans.
- Curse of Thorns: For X seconds, target foe is hexed with Curse of Thorns, suffering 1 Health degeneration. The next time target foe would have one or more hexes removed, those hexes are retained, the foe taxes X Shadow Damage and Curse of Thorns ends.
- Death Bond (hex that redirects half of the damage you receive to target foe).
- Long-duration, single-target versions of Order of Pain and Order of the Vampire, possibly with health degeneration as a drawback.
- Spiteful Barbs. For X seconds, hexed foe suffers from X Health degeneration. If Spiteful Barbs ends prematurely, that foe takes (remaining duration*degeneration*2) damage.
- A Mesmer equivalent of Spiteful Spirit. Specifically, an elite that hexes multiple targets with the equivalent of Empathy (Mass Empathy? Shared Pain?).
A multi-target health degeneration spell (Phantasmal Swarm?).
- An Inspiration Magic full party enchantment or shout of some sort.
- Mantra of Displacement: Incoming attacks have an X% chance to Miss you, if you are hit by an attack, Mantra of Displacement ends, you shadow step to a random nearby location and Mantra of Displacement is disabled for X seconds.
- Mesmer Chants.
- Aria of Recovery: For 10 seconds, the next Spell used by each party member within earshot recharges X% faster.
- Aria of Speed: For 10 seconds, the next Spell used by each party member within earshot casts X% faster.
- Ballad of Tranquility: For X seconds, each ally within earshot gains Y Health regeneration and Z Energy regeneration until that ally takes damage.
- Lyric of Recovery: For 10 seconds, the next Signet used by each party member within earshot recharges X% faster.
- Lyric of Speed: For 10 seconds, the next Signet used by each party member within earshot activates X% faster.
- Ranged Air Magic area spell (Ball Lightning? Tornado? Thunderball?).
- Earth area DoT spell that cripples with every pulse (Quicksand?).
- Conjure Earth.
- Panic button defense / self-heal that blows huge amounts of energy (Energy Consumption? Mana Shield?).
- Elite version of Searing Heat / Teinai's Heat than inflicts burning with every pulse.
- Water Magic area DoT spell that snares with every pulse.
- 25 energy 60 second recharge exhaustion-causing non-elite uber-spells for the other three elements.
- Hero builds: W R Mo N Me E A Rt P D All
- PvE build seeds
- Team - Domain of Anguish Minion Bomb Factory
- W/D Primal Scythe
- W/any Prophecies / Nightfall Tank
- Mo/any Basic Healer
- Mo/any Enchantment Healer
- Mo/E Glyph of Renewal / Divine Spirit Monk
- E/Any Fireball Nuker
- P/any Battery Paragon
- Dhuum is undead or a ghost.
- The Great Dwarf is the sockpuppet of another, more well-known god.
- The Great Destroyer is either an ancient god (possibly the previous god of fire, possibly a god who was not overthrown and replaced by a member of the current pantheon) or a sockpuppet of Dhuum or Menzies.
Eye of the North
- Bahltek is dropping hints about campaign 4.
- Lord Odran will factor into the backstory,
and Arcanist will be one of the new professions. An engineer and / or crossbow user profession is also likely.
- Like Nightfall, campaign 4 will involve travel to somewhere outside of Tyria.
- Likely regional / cultural themes: the Americas (correct), India, Scandinavia (correct).
The "150 skills" rumor is false.
- The "Eye of the North" rumor is plausible. (correct)
- The Great Destroyer is connected to the Great Giants.
- Altrumm was likely built by the Asura, although it may have been built by the Dwarves.
- Most or all of the new PvE only skills will be title-based with no profession restriction.
- The port for Eye of the North will be either Janthir
or the half-sunken ruins of Arah.
- There will be at least two new Forms. One will be taught by the Norn and one will either be capped from a Kreet boss or learned in a quest that involves stealing the Kreet's secrets (stealing a tome or magical artifact, gathering Kreet tissue samples, helping a scholar observe the Kreet in battle while keeping the scholar alive etc.).
- The Sylvari may be transformed Dwarves.
- The spiked ridge in the waterdragon.jpg image from the fansite kit is part of the Great Destroyer.
Guild Wars 2
- The 2009 beta and the 2009-2010 release window are plausible. Plausible != correct. (I was right to be suspicious, they were a year off)
- The rumor about Charr as a playable race is probably true. (correct)
The rumor about Norns, Asurians and Sylvanians as playable races is mostly or entirely false.
- If the Norns aren't completely made up,
the Seer is probably one of them.
- If the Sylvanians aren't completely made up, they are likely either the descendants of Ewan's tribe, Wardens who have regained their sanity after the death of Urgoz, a Druid offshoot or Kurzicks who have split from humanity.
- Guild Wars 2 will have fewer professions with broader concepts and more attributes / skill lines / specialisation options. The Paragon concept will be largely absorbed by the Warrior and / or Mesmer counterparts, although spears may go to the Ranger counterpart rather than the Warrior counterpart. Ritualists will probably be merged with Necromancers.
- Palawa Joko will return.