GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
General[edit | edit source]
An artisan crafts rare crafting materials from common materials for a fee. With the right ingredients and a bit of gold, the crafter will create a single unit of the requested material. Artisans will also purchase items from the adventurer loaded down with goods (a helpful feature when vanquishing or farming).
Savvy players can save substantially by crafting material rather than purchasing from a Rare Material Trader, since the cost of the common materials can be very low. However, to determine the best price, you generally have to check prices at artisans, material traders, and rare material traders, as the component costs vary with supply and demand.
Unfortunately, each artisan crafts only a handful of items and many of these traders can be hard to reach, as this profession seems to favor the atmosphere of remote areas, beyond the safety of Towns and Outposts.
Materials crafted by artisans[edit | edit source]
|Bolt of Damask||200 5 5|
|Bolt of Linen||200 5||Can only be crafted in Prophecies.|
|Bolt of Silk||250 10 10||Can not be crafted in Prophecies. Cheaper to expert salvage from Webs|
|Deldrimor Steel Ingot||200 10 1 5||Can only be crafted in Prophecies & EoTN.|
|Elonian Leather Square||50 5 5|
|Leather Square||50 5|
|Lump of Charcoal||200 10||Required for &|
|Roll of Parchment||20 5||Can only be crafted in Prophecies & Factions; almost always cheaper to craft than trade.|
|Roll of Vellum||20 5 5||Almost always cheaper to craft than trade.|
|Spiritwood Plank||100 5 10||Required for Incubator Kits & Sparklers|
|Steel Ingot||200 10 1||Cheaper to Trade than Craft.|
|Tempered Glass Vial||20 5||Required for & Slim, Tinted, and standard Spectacles|
|Vial of Ink||20 4 1|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Artisans marked with a slight background color can be reached quickly and safely (via Map Travel or after a short hike). For the exact locations, visit the article for the individual artisan or consult the Artisan category.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only two towns/outposts have artisans: Kaineng Center and Seitung Harbor, both in Factions; the others are found in explorable areas.
- Linen can only be crafted in Prophecies
- Silk cannot be crafted in Prophecies
- Deldrimor Steel can only be crafted in Prophecies and Eye of the North; its crafters are located far from the nearest outposts.
- Parchment can only be crafted in Prophecies and Factions
- A few items are almost always cheaper to create because the crafting costs are low and the common materials are plentiful: Leather, Parchment, and Glass.
- A few items are almost always cheaper to purchase (from players or traders because the crafting costs are exorbitant and/or the common materials are in high demand): Silk, Charcoal, and Steel.
[[Category:NPCs by type]] [[Category:PvE glossary]]