GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
This is 148.xxx.xxx.xxx. I got a name, because, well, I thought I would have lots of time on my hands for the next couple of weeks. Turns out I don't. I'll still pop in to correct Karlos' spelling and grammer though.
Shandy 11:26, 15 November 2005 (UTC)
How do I create a brand new page? The only was I can do it right now is to create a dead-end link like: Basic Trapping Ranger.
- Noone ever answered your question, huh? How rude. Anyway, all you have to do to make something completely from scratch is to type the name you want your article under in the search-field and hit Go. If it doesn't exist, the wiki will ask you if you want to create it. (Yes, it's so simple you already knew it.) --Bishop 23:04, 9 March 2006 (CST)
- [Me/E Earth Machine-gunner]
- [Mo/Me SB/Infuser]
- N/Me Echo Spiter
I need suggestions for this build:[edit | edit source]
Points in Death Magic, Illusion Magic and Soul Reaping. Remaining points in Curses, just to give a minor boost to Enfeeble. The idea is that you use Enfeeble to trigger Virulence, then Epidemic to cause a very nice degree of degen. Virulence's recharge means that you can keep the conditions running forever, excluding condition removal. Conjure Phantasm puts pressure on the monk (it's got quite a high hex removal priorty for most people) abd Deathly Chill is for a small spike. Deathly Swarm is OK too, but it's casting time is really too long. What it's missing: Blinding. I think teaming this build up with a Dominating mesmer who carries Signet of Midnight would be ideal, using SoM to trigger Virulence and Epidemic to bling all the warriors or rangers. I tried out Fragility with this build, but it doesn't do a great deal of damage without 16 in Illusion (even then it's only 20).
- This is for PvP, right? If so, I have some suggestions:
- Chuck Enfeeble for an ability that offers a different condition than those imposed by Virulence. Consider Phantom Pain and Shatter Delusions to inflict nice damage and a long-lasting Deep Wound (the best condition, eva). Or, as a different option, consider Signet of Agony and Plague Sending or Plague Touch to inflict a really nasty bleed. Yet another option is to bring Illusion of Haste and one of those.
- Get rid of Well of Suffering. It doesn't really fit the concept, it's too easy to dodge and once the corpses start piling up, you've likely either won or lost anyway and don't need it. If you must bring a well, let it be Well of the Profane which will tear up any prot monk unlucky enough to get caught in it.
- Consider a way to remove disease from yourself, because you'll catch it almost every time you inflict it on someone else.
- Oh, and bring a friend with Fevered Dreams instead of midnight sig. :)
- --Bishop 03:27, 10 March 2006 (CST)
- Thanks for the tips, Bishop. This is the second time someone suggested ditching WoS, so it goes - WoProfane might be nice, I guess- but I like wells. They're a battlefield feature that adds extra pressure on the other team, and monks/fleshies can hide in them nicely. I actually was thinking about Fevered Dreams with this build this morning- I wish I was in a guild that would PvP with me so I could try this out! And your trigger idea with Signet of Agony is very sweet- it requires no points in other attributes. I tried the Phantom Pain/Shatter Delusion combo, but it wasn't as effective as Enfeeble - it took too much time. Also, while I would LOVE to create a team wide crippled effect, Illusion of Haste is linked to Illusion Magic, in which I have points, so the self-cripple isn't on demand, it's after a wait of something like ten seconds - with Enfeeble it's basically 'cause poison, disease and weakness to all foes near target at will'. Shandy 17:36, 10 March 2006 (CST)